Canon 24-70 f2.8L - lightweight alternative

Man of Honour
Currently using the original Canon 24-70 f2.8L on a 5D mk2. While it’s a gorgeous combination it’s a bit on the heavy side to carry around all day.

Anyone got any suggestions for a lighter alternative? Happy to compromise on max aperture but it needs to work full frame...

Soldato
The old Tamron 28-75 f2.8 is much lighter and cheap, think it's nearly half the weight but obviously the build quality is not as solid. Focus is a little slower/loud due to the motor used but always been happy with the sharpness of the copy I have.

Soldato
The old Tamron 28-75 f2.8 is much lighter and cheap, think it's nearly half the weight but obviously the build quality is not as solid. Focus is a little slower/loud due to the motor used but always been happy with the sharpness of the copy I have.
I had one which was great until I dropped my camera and basically snapped it in half! If you want f2.8 in a modern lens it is going to be hefty you could always go the classic 24-105mm F4 route lighter and still a decent piece of glass for every day shooting. Throw a light weight prime in your pocket incase you need something fast.

Back
Top Bottom