Mountain Biking

Soldato
Might be difficult to find one in that price range new. Take a look on Pinkbike - https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/

It might be a few quid more than £100 (£140 or so looks about right) but the one up components dropper would work. It's 150mm drop, but can be shimmed down to 100mm or anything in between. It is also one of the shortest droppers in terms of stack height. They've just released a new version so you might be able to get the old one cheap.

Chain Reaction Cycles have some deals on Brand-X Ascend dropper posts. Just received an email from them.

Cheers for the help and advice. Got a brand X ascend for myself and found a KS eten I on pinkbike fir the girlfriend.

Soldato
RUBBISH! I have just as much fun on my HT than on my FS.

Agreed, I've taken my ht down some pretty gnar stuff. It's always fun.

While I love some hard tail shreddage, nothing beats plowing rock gardens on a DH bike! :p

That and i'm not in a position to be buying new wheelsets anytime soon!

Not been before, taking my HT. It's got 2.8 tyres though and the uplift takes max 2.75. Could deflate and take a pump :D

Take your track pump up the top on the first uplift and lock it to a fence :p

Caporegime
While I love some hard tail shreddage, nothing beats plowing rock gardens on a DH bike! :p

That and i'm not in a position to be buying new wheelsets anytime soon!

Take your track pump up the top on the first uplift and lock it to a fence :p

Yeah I've destroyed a few rear wheels in the past few years now :(

Ske

Ske

Associate
I'm back on my HT for a few weeks whilst Orange respray my Five :(

Riding the Blues at BPW on the HT is way more fun than riding 'em on the FS. Not sure about all the Reds though - I've never tried them on the HT.

Soldato
Haven’t ridden my bike for a week or so due to there being a problem with what I thought the freehub having too much playing meaning as soon as you shift up the cassette gears are skipping up and down all over the place.

Took it back to Evans as it’s still under warranty, only for them to call me over to the workshop and show me that the second biggest ring on the cassette on one side was folded outwards at nearly 45° haha!

After a good laugh at myself the guy hammered it straight but think it’ll be new cassette time soon, on an 8 week old bike :(

Soldato
Just skip that gear. :D

Haha he managed to mangle it back straight and it seems to be working ok after a quick lap around the block :D

How did you manage that?

They said it could have been changing gears under high torque/low cadence, so grabbing for a gear while pedalling hard.

Obviously this is something I always avoid as it not only sounds bad but can obviously cause something like this! Must just be me being unfit and grabbing for those Eagle gears haha!

Associate
Off to hamsterly forest for first time this weekend. Anyone know of a good campsite which isn't to strict on noise and staying up late? Maybe a fire as well? Only ones I can find seem rather strict as per the norm. There's an awesome site near bike park wales where the guy put us in the far corner of the field so we could have a fire and stay up late

Back
Top Bottom