DJI Osmo Action

Soldato
This annoys me. You spend over £300 to buy a camera, then you have to spend around another £50 to use it properly.

You should be able to just connect a mic and start filming. GoPro is the same :(

Soldato
OP
Poor is very kind. It is a bloody outrage and simple gouging. So frustrating when businesses do so many things right and really innovate and offer choice, and then just screw it up so badly on things like this. It would be marginally, just marginally, more forgivable if they had any in stock. But they don't.

Soldato
OP
Finally got a chance to use mine in a first test today. I just spliced a few clips together so nothing fancy - I was mainly interested in seeing how the stabilisation worked when motorcycling and how the camera coped with the harsh contrast of shadows on a sunny day.

No problem with the former - the stabilisation generally worked very well. I'm less sure on the actual camera image quality itself, although this is raw and ungraded. The GoPro 7 feels like better quality straight out of the camera but I've yet to have a play around with proper editing.

Oh, and if not already obvious, it desperately needs that microphone adaptor. Largely useless for most things I want to do without it.

Soldato
Don't forget this is DJI. Over the next few firmware updates they will fine tune the Action and improve it, like the other stuff they have released.

Soldato
I wish these mic adapters were right angled so it was more difficult to break. I understand most people will have a housing of some type, but sticking straight out is asking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom