White goods help - Washing machine.

Soldato
Hey all GD

Any white goods enthusiasts in here?

need a new washing machine from £3-350 and wanted some advise on the best options.

Ideally would need to not be SUPER loud on spin (old one was 82DB on full spin) and have an 8KG capacity.

Fast wash is also something that we use on ours currently.

Any suggestions? Ive been looking at the following:

https://ao.com/product/wr862441w-beko-washing-machine-white-41765-1.aspx

Soldato
We've got an LG something or other and seems ok.

One thing i have noticed is that washing cycles seem to be getting longer and longer. The "regular" cycle on ours says it's around 3 hours. When i looked into it it seemed to be due to being more eco friendly and washing using cooler water and less energy.

Soldato
Recently got a hotpoint aquarius but it's a washer dryer £370 ish and only 6 kg, but just to mention using John Lewis jou get that 2 Yr min warranty, I like the 30 min quick wash thing also some of the normal
Programs can be halved with a time saver button
Got a hotpoint as last one lasted decades not sure about quiet as it's in a detached utility

Caporegime
Fairly impressed with my Beko, bought as a cheap replacement ~5 years ago and still going strong today despite my best efforts of killing it by overloading it etc.

Feel very smug as my then partner said I should have bought a new Bosch machine as she had, over the time period she’s had numerous issues with her £600 Bosch, my sub £250 Beko - not one.

I bought the cheapest one Curry’s had in stock at the time, it’s got a quick wash also.

Quiet too.

Associate
Stay away from anything owned by Whirlpool:
Hotpoint, Creda, Ariston and Indesit

If you don't want your kitchen/utility to catch fire! BBC did a news article recently on the whirlpool group, scary thing is when a washing machine / fridge catches fire in the middle of the night you only have about 2 minutes from the start of the fire to getting out of the house before you become unconscious due to the fumes :eek:

Man of Honour
If you don't want your kitchen/utility to catch fire! BBC did a news article recently on the whirlpool group, scary thing is when a washing machine / fridge catches fire in the middle of the night you only have about 2 minutes from the start of the fire to getting out of the house before you become unconscious due to the fumes :eek:

Between 1980 to 2007 I was the Quality Audit Technician for Hotpoint, Creda, Ariston and Indesit.
In 2004 they started to be made with very cheap parts and I used to make the Italian bosses sign them off before they went out of the warehouse.

Man of Honour
Specifically what one? And what makes them so good?

Old Coals repairs domestic appliances for a living - he knows.

I'm going back 12 years but I had a big Lab and tested all the Merloni products plus other makes and in order of reliability on Fidatezza testing -
Miele
LG/Samsung
Bosch
Our Merloni products - Hotpoint, Creda, Ariston, Indesit
Beko and other makes

Obviously things could have changed.

Back
Top Bottom