Flights and babies.

Man of Honour
I recently flew to the Dominican and there was a very young baby on that flight just a few seats away from me and that's like 13 hours worth of flying. Generally it was absolutely fine and the baby cried a bit but settled pretty well. Probably a couple of hours of crying in total. People were actually very understanding and honestly it didn't make an already uncomfortable flight any more uncomfortable really.

Associate
Just take the baby on the plane and forget what anyone may think. There's no reason for life to stop just because you have a kid, certainly not because of opinions on the internet.

Most people will not be happy with being near a baby but they need to get a grip and understand they're on public transport. Doesn't matter how much they paid, they obviously didn't pay enough for private, so they take their chances.

I've had bad flights because of adults more than babies.

Associate
Just take the baby on the plane and forget what anyone may think. There's no reason for life to stop just because you have a kid, certainly not because of opinions on the internet.

Most people will not be happy with being near a baby but they need to get a grip and understand they're on public transport. Doesn't matter how much they paid, they obviously didn't pay enough for private, so they take their chances.

I've had bad flights because of adults more than babies.

+1

Man of Honour
Don't see what the issue is with people who complain about flying on a plane with babies crying etc. If you don't want to put up with it surely buy a first or business class ticket? What are people with kids otherwise supposed to do? Wait 10+ years until they're old enough to know better than to cry every now and then?

Doesn't bother me one bit really.

Also, reminds me of this:

Soldato
People need to accept that children can and will be on flights. If you can't accept that and make suitable preparation for blocking out any noise then you only have yourself to blame.

Children exist, deal with it.

Imagine how annoyed and crap you feel if there's a kid on the flight crying, I can assure you the parents feel 1000 times worse.

Soldato
Who cares what people think. Seriously, if your kid kicks off it'll be worse for you than them anyway so they can suck a fat one. Obviously, I don't want to be on a flight with a crying baby any more than the next man, but I always live happy in the knowledge that the parent is just as tired as me, but also mortified that THEY are the one with the crying baby ******* hundreds of people off. I feel for anyone in that situation. Besides, if you're lucky they'll sleep through the flight

Soldato
Feel free and unaffected by other peoples intolerance to take your family on public transport.

Edit: if you're the kind of person that enjoys traveling id actually advocate flying as much as possible when they're small. The more you do it the quicker they're used to it. My niece's are 5 and 8 now and have flown all their lives (lived abroad). Now they will happily sit on an 11 hour flight, not a peep, reading books and watching cartoons.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are babies not allowed in first or business class ?

They are but it's less common. Obviously it depends on the airline but VA/BA only have two seats in 1st where a basinet/skycot will fit, which is really only useful for children under 9 - 12 months (ish, before people argue!). Bigger than that and they're either on your lap or in their own seat; which as you can imagine is very expensive or inconvenient in first if the seats are wishboned or cabins.

It might be easier on Emirates/Etihad with those giant cabins, I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom