Contents insurance question

Associate
Good evening,
I am curious , I have a insurance policy ( with Co Op, covering the contents of my house. I
have held the same policy now for 3 years .

I have a computer which has 3 seperate hard drives inside which has my course work and my personal data ,
Should I ever need to claim on my insurance,
am I expected to send my computer into the insurance company with the hard drives too ,
Or am I permitted to hold on to them , if not how do I go about my data being safe.

Man of Honour
Good evening,
I am curious , I have a insurance policy ( with Co Op, covering the contents of my house. I
have held the same policy now for 3 years .

I have a computer which has 3 seperate hard drives inside which has my course work and my personal data ,
Should I ever need to claim on my insurance,
am I expected to send my computer into the insurance company with the hard drives too ,
Or am I permitted to hold on to them , if not how do I go about my data being safe.
Couldn't you claim for the PC minus the drives and take them out, if you're not including them in the price of the claim then they are yours to keep?

Associate
OP
Ask the insurance company in advance, also wouldn't you need to itemise the specs and cost, so just exclude the drives in that?

You'd be surprised of how much info they didn't actually want , I had a big description of my Rig ready to read out to them , but they were like , " that's too much information we only have a box to put a short description in ????
So I will probably just remove the 2 secondary drives then , they wouldn't know I guess

Man of Honour
You'd be surprised of how much info they didn't actually want , I had a big description of my Rig ready to read out to them , but they were like , " that's too much information we only have a box to put a short description in ????
So I will probably just remove the 2 secondary drives then , they wouldn't know I guess
If they don't ask then it's deemed not important enough to them (unless specifically mentioned in your policy documents) so I wouldn't worry, as long as you've not included the cost of the parts removed then I can't see any problems?

Back
Top Bottom