• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
An iGPU is of no use to me, so I would rather have more cores. If Intel have issues with implementing it, then that's their problem.

+1
Intel have never wanted to give us more cores, that's why they gave us an IGPU instead. They wouldn't even have thought about giving us more cores until AMD dragged them screaming and kicking to the table. Too late of course, because the table is full and the diners have decided they want a better menu.

Associate
Mutli-core is better for everything but... it requires that whatever you're running is built to work well multi-core.

Older game engines (bethesda, I'm looking at you) tend to be much more responsive to single threaded performance gains.
Newer game engines and.... most other stuff is generally _fairly_ multi-core aware.

Typically, single core figures indicate relative gaming performance. We're in the transitional period at the moment though (going into DX12 being more standard) where multi-core will start to be more important for gaming too.

Thanx so i probably best off waiting for one of these ryzens in stead of going for a current I5 from intel

Soldato
i can't bloody wait for ryzen 3. why is release date in july ffs. the money is burning hole in my pockets. c'mon AMD i don't want anything to do with rubbish intel anymore. i want ryzen 5gh now

it has to be 5gh or no buy

man is it july yet? amd really messed up released date for zen 2. it should have been out in april

12 core zen 2 is not future proof as ps5 and xbox two next year will probably be 16 core systems

the price is too high for 3900x. amd used the zen 2 buzz to bump up the prices. it's business practice in the end but upgrade for me until price drops

basically you need £1500 to upgrade to ryzen 3000, no thx

the hype of ryzen 3000 is going to hit the pockets hard. amd could have priced their cpu's much lower but they went for £500 12c and when you add £500 for x570 motherboard and memory, overclockers inflated pricing it's not a joy ride.

honestly if amd doesn't lower the prices for zen 2 processors intel is still going to be the value cpu especially for those on older systems

amd upped the prices of zen processor but honestly they have turned off a lot of potential buyers

So you have no intention on actually buying a Zen2 CPU it would seem. So please don't bother posting in here if you literally have nothing to add ,other than rubbish.

amd upped the prices of zen processor but honestly they have turned off a lot of potential buyers
The X570 mobos are expensive, but then you don't need an X570 mobo.
Ryzen CPUs are at the prices they've always been, with a fairly similar per core price for the new higher core count models too. Admittedly, that isn't what everyone was hoping for, but they're still cheaper than the Intel equivalent (where they even exist).

Associate
AMD priced the CPUs quite well IMO. Obviously slightly higher than we were hoping (cheers jim :D) but that was wishful thinking anyway. From a business perspective I think they got it right, unlike Navi.

I am a bit baffled by the motherboards though. I understand why they are more expensive than previous gens but I don't understand why there are so many different models when, I expect, the majority will be using x470. Unless of course there is something we don't know yet like better overclocks.

Permabanned
The X570 mobos are expensive, but then you don't need an X570 mobo.
Ryzen CPUs are at the prices they've always been, with a fairly similar per core price for the new higher core count models too. Admittedly, that isn't what everyone was hoping for, but they're still cheaper than the Intel equivalent (where they even exist).

2700: $300

AMD upped the prices. Ryzen 7 2700 is 200 EUR right now. If you sell a 3700X for 330$, you must give the corresponding performance increase. You won't.

no they haven't

No they haven't.

:D

Why can't I? Ryzen 7 2700 is old technology, old architecture, it has a normal price tag right now. You must EOL if you wish and put the new shrunk parts on that exact price tag.
They are only that price BECAUSE a new product is coming out. Their price shifts down a tier or two, along with their relative performance. The reality is that a 6c 3600 will equal (MT) or beat (ST) an 8c 2700X, so the 2700X is effectively replaced by a $199 CPU.

Caporegime
They are only that price BECAUSE a new product is coming out. Their price shifts down a tier or two, along with their relative performance. The reality is that a 6c 3600 will equal (MT) or beat (ST) an 8c 2700X, so the 2700X is effectively replaced by a $199 CPU.

Use a mallet with that, it's not going to penetrate his skull otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom