It's too hot :(

Soldato
I am officially jealous. I bet they're all sold out by now.

Still quite a few available at lots of Screwfix branches as of right now. Stock has gone down from last I checked though. I would not be surprised if they sell out once we hit 32 degrees this weekend though!

Last summer they went OOS this same week in June and I setup a Visual Ping monitor to notify me when back in stock and took weeks for them to get back into stock. Maybe they'll be more prepared this year.

QnWoyCU.png

Soldato
Yep just ticked over 30 here in Germany, been mid 30's every day I've been here so far and so damn humid. I'll take dry desert heat over this any day, been out here with work a few days now. I ******* hate this, I'm hot, uncomfortable and just fed up with it already, there's no escape, no aircon where we are working, I just can't do anything without ******* sweat out.

At least there is a breeze today, yesterday was unbearable.

Associate
Was 34 here yesterday and right now it's 38.

It's really not funny when there is no air conditioning.

I think most of the industrial estate has escaped to go swim in the lakes.

Soldato
been really fierce sun and muggy down here at least some breeze now ,doors open helped but still 78 f 25.5c

fxau53.jpg

osu97a.jpg

Soldato
Terrible end to spring... though this weekend is supposed to be excellent.

Shame it's not looking like a return to last year, at this point I'd just settle for it not raining constantly!

Hopefully the summer months bring a bit actual sun.

Soldato
How noisy do you find the unit, I have an old unit which does take the edge of the heat but its so loud.

It's noisy enough when actively chilling and pumping out cold air, definitely not quiet. It's magnitudes quieter when it switches to fan only mode, more of a hum.

It doesn't bother me too much though as I can get over background noise pretty easily as long as it's monotonous and not something like voices, and I quite like the sound of a fan or other whitenoise at night.

I don't know if I could sleep with it on in a small room, but it's perfectly fine for waking hours. The air is very cool.

Weirdly that video popped up in my recommended feed the other day even though I hadn't been looking up AC stuff on YouTube.

He makes good points, and I would certainly get an american style box window unit if I had the option, but my windows only open at an angle on a vertical hinge and to a very small angle. This is all I can use and I'm happy with it considering my windows options.

Soldato
Essentially only get the style the puts a hose out the window as a last resort. Buy a box window unit or externally mounted one if you can as they're much more efficient.

Yeah, I couldn't have one in a window. I would love to get a proper one fitted up top of the wall, with a unit outside, but I don't know we'd be allowed. I have one with a pipe out the window and it doesn't suck... it blows... and it's amazing. :)

Back
Top Bottom