RX580 query

Associate
Now, bare with me. I'm a noob, but I've been out of the game for a while. I decided I needed to upgrade my GPU, so decided on a Powercolour Rx580 Red Dragon.
now here is where I'm feeling like a total noob. I get the GPU, install it in my PC and boot up. But wait. Only 1x Display Port. Hmm... I could've sworn the specs stated more. So I double check. Indeed, it should have 3. I check a few other sources. Indeed, 3.

Yet here I am with supposedly this card, but only 1x DP, 1x HDMI and 1xDVI. The backplate is completely different.
Apologies for the messy cables and whatnot. But here is the back of the GPU I have received.

bAJIYDJ.jpg
MLrzkc6

Tell me I'm not losing my mind. Have I been sent the wrong card?

Soldato
Looks like there is a version of the Red Dragon with 1x HDMI, 1x DVI and 1 DP, which is listed on Power Color's site as: AXRX 580 8GBD5-DHD/OC.

If you bought the model number of card you linked to, then you've been sent the wrong one. Did you buy it from OcUK?

Soldato
In that case, it has to be an error. You couldn't have bought the one you received by accident, as the AXRX 580 8GBD5-DHD/OC is not available on OcUk's site.

Soldato
Hmm. Further looking at this listing seems to suggests there are two different manufacturing codes on that listing...

AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DHDV2/OC, and further down the page; AXRX580 8GBD5-DHD/OC

The picture is for AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DHDV2/OC, which is given in the details to the right of the picture. Also the specs listed further down the page are for that model.

The manufacturing part number is AXRX580 8GBD5-DHD/OC

The question is: which card are they selling?

Edit:

Looks like they have provided the wrong picture and specs for the card they are selling; which is the AXRX580 8GBD5-DHD/OC; the one you have received.

Either way, they have got the listing info wrong. As there is only one listing for the Red Dragon, they may not actually have the AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DHDV2/OC.

Last edited:
Soldato
The box will the full model number printed on a large white label, along with the serial number etc. this should also be reflected on the back of the card and they should match (obviously). I have had issue before where boxes were labelled correctly but the wrong products put inside them, I had 120x GT-710's that all had the incorrect specification, due to a labelling error. The other option is the booking in process at OCUK's end is very forgiving and they didn't even notice, or some one done goofed up. :)

Back
Top Bottom