Playstation game suggestions

Soldato
So I am ploughing through my back log of many Playstation games, I have currently gone through and completed the below, but looking to play any other decent games I may have missed, any suggestions?

Spiderman
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Witcher 3
Days Gone
Assassins Creed: Origins
Assassins Creed: Odyssey
Until Dawn
Horizon Zero Dawn + Breath of the Wilds
GTA5
Plague Tale Innocence
Uncharted Series
RE7
RE2 (The new one)
Tomb Raider Series (Reboot)
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Last of Us

I like a variety, mostly lengthy games I can get involved with and experience it fully, I just cannot get on with Dark Souls/Bloodborne though lol - I have tried - I've been looking at maybe playing LA Noire, which I stumbled upon, has anyone played this? Albeit quite an old game

Thanks!

Soldato
I just cannot get on with Dark Souls/Bloodborne though lol - I have tried
Thanks!
Well try again until you like it :p.

If you're into JRPGs the Final Fantasy X and XII remasters can be picked up quite cheap these days. Bloodstained is getting excellent reviews too if you like the Metroidvania genre.

Soldato
You've played most of the big-hitters, I guess.

Bloodborne is amazing but fair enough if you don't like it. I'd suggest Sekiro but it's from the same devs so...:p I does play a bit differently, though, and the setting is completely different.

I'd try Yakuza 0, 6 and Kiwami 2, loads of fun but niche series. A bit like Shenmue but more laidback and silly with side content. Brutal combat and very solid stories.

Nier: Automata is fantastic, requires patience but 100% worth it, one of the most unique and cleverly constrcucted games with an excellent soundtrack.

Maybe also Gravity Rush 1&2, very fun games and a cool premise.

I have Bloodstained on PC, it's great.

I completed LA Noire on the PS3 back in the days, it was a pretty good experience, flawed but worth it for the atmosphere.

I don't think you're missing much apart from the ones I listed.

Associate
As mentioned by Amatsubu but I also recommend:
Nier Automata - If you like DMC style combat then definitely check this out, story bit slow but well worth it if you get sucked into it
Yakuza 0 - Start with this out of the franchise, the combat is very Dynasty Warriors like where it
Judgement - Made by same studio that worked on Yakuza series, you play as a detective instead.
doesn't really lock on to who you want to hit but it does work to an extent in a open space combat. All about character development for this franchise hence why a lot of people like it.
Nioh - Another Souls like game but developed by team ninja, its more fast pace combat which in my opinion it's a mixture of Ninja Gaiden and Souls combat pacing but equally as challenging as Ninja Gaiden& Souls game
Gravity rush 1&2 - Niche game and a hidden gem as it never took off over in the west but fun game
The Last Guardian & Shadow of Colossus - Very clunky game mechanic but very beautiful game design and story hits you in the feels
Tales of Vesperia or Berseria - Highly recommend these out of the current available Tales of franchise on PS4

Associate
Nier: Automata is fantastic, requires patience but 100% worth it, one of the most unique and cleverly constrcucted games with an excellent soundtrack.

Couldn't agree more. Easily one of the best games of this gen - I can't think of a game that's surprised me more in just how impressive it is.

If you like a JRPG, Persona 5 is best by a country mile (come at me other JPRG fans) - there's an expanded version due later in the year, but the original one is on sale regularly

If you liked the play mechanics of Until Dawn, then Heavy Rain / Beyond Two Souls / Detroit Become Human are all worth a look - as is The Wolf Among Us (based on the DC comic Fables)

Dying Light and Ghost Recon Wildlands might be worth a try if you like the look of the upcoming sequels. They're both fun games, brilliant co-op systems - and pretty cheap as well.

Soldato
Yeah, I'd say Nier is the most underappreciated game this gen for what it does but it at least won the best OST:p

Nice to see some appreciation for Gravity Rush and the Yakuza series as well.

Nier, Yakuza, Bloodstained, Sekiro and Gravity Rush 1&2 are what I'd recommend as I've yet to play Persona 5.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely look in to a few of these

I have decided to give Mass Effect Andromeda a go, and enjoying it so far, looking beyond the facial animations it feels a solid Mass Effect game, and seems to have improved with patches!

Soldato
I noticed sleeping dogs definitive collection is going very cheaply at the moment on psn.

It's a bit like an asian version of gta5, as in a semi open world.. but the combat is a lot better. If you've not played the game then I recommend it.

I'm thinking about buying it again. I used to have it on ps3.

Back
Top Bottom