The Tesla Thread

Soldato
How does it include charging? I assume that means just Tesla Supercharging?
From the FAQ:
Evezy covers the cost of electricity at any Evezy swap locations. Any charging away from one of Evezy's charging locations can be accessed by the cars membership card to the Chargemaster Polar Plus network. You may bring the vehicle to any Evezy charging location at any time during your reservation to rapid charge during your booking.

Associate
Any projected depreciation models for the higher end Model 3?

Im considering it but can only justify one if they're likely to hold their value pretty well.

Soldato
Wow, that Eveezy looks pretty cool. Is it really just one month minimum contract?

Yup. It's great for people who don't know how long they want the car for. Or are just wanting to try it out without comitting to buy or lease longer term. Their deal on the ZOE is excellent as well, if anybody hasn't tried an EV and wants to see what it's all about.

Soldato
From the FAQ:
Evezy covers the cost of electricity at any Evezy swap locations. Any charging away from one of Evezy's charging locations can be accessed by the cars membership card to the Chargemaster Polar Plus network. You may bring the vehicle to any Evezy charging location at any time during your reservation to rapid charge during your booking.

Useful but not a huge added value unless you rely on public chargers, something I wouldn't advocate at the moment. Realisticly 98% of the charging isn't included.

I guess the main downside of this is that it is more akin to a rental than it is a lease, you don't get a brand new car unless it's something day one like a Tesla Model 3. You could be given something that someone else has rented for a few months/year.

You don't get the grant to get a charger installed at your home so you have to pay for that (£700-£1000). You don't actually get the keys and have to use their app to unlock and start the car. The experience is very much a rental, a lease is much closer to 'ownership'. They have dash cams and trackers in all the cars and can cancel your lease at short notice. Do you get access to the Tesla App? Pretty fundamental for a Model 3.

It works out pretty expensive if you keep the car for a long period of time:
SR+ £599 x 24 + £700 (charger) = £15k
Performance £799 X 24 + £700 = £20k

For very little more over the SR+ you can get the Performance version from Ocopus EV which is a much more expensive car. Per the quote on the last page:

2 year Personal Contract Hire 10k miles

Initial payment: £3,317.82 including VAT

23 monthly payments: £552.97 including VAT

Total : £16,036.13‬

Plus £1k for insurance and £400 for a charger install.

As above free public charging is worth very little, perhaps £100 and the car will not need any maintenance in those 2 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
As long as you commit to 6months or more you can claim for the home charger grant through EVEZY.

You'll always pay a slight premium for a more flexible term, you can walk away with a weeks notice leaving them with an unutilised car.

Caporegime
What's the situation regards "servicing" Model 3's - a quick read seems to say no/very little servicing?

Tempted to look into getting one

Nothing for the first few years but expect BMW pricing for fluids, brakes etc (every 3 years IIRC). It’s listed in the manual which is available online.

Soldato
Wow, that Eveezy looks pretty cool. Is it really just one month minimum contract?

Yes, for the Tesla as a premium model you've got an upfront payment to make but that is used for the first month and the subsequent three months if you continue:

"Premium car conditions:
Minimum stay 1 month. 4 months reservation deposit required (£2396), which will be taken off your first 4 subscription payments. After the first month, the deposit is refundable if you want to swap/cancel. If you want to cancel your reservation before you get the car, you will be refunded 3 months. The first month is non-refundable."

Associate
Evezy have confirmed that supercharging will be included in your fixed monthly payment too. And you can get the £500 government grant towards your home charge point if you sign a 6 month lease. I know this for sure as I've just done it, I have a 120Ah i3 from them.

Also after over 2 months using their app to open the car its a non-issue, although having a key has its benefits, so does the app. I've always got my phone with me, no extra thing to carry in my pocket, or worry about losing an expensive key.

Evezy is equivalent to 12k miles PA lease, and you can go up to 15k for only 8p a mile more. Its worked out monthly, 1000 included, and up to 1250 for 8p a mile more. They don't want you going over 1250 a month though as they'll charge you 30p a mile over that!

Compared to a normal lease, Evezy is very well priced, and the ease of 'all inclusive' car costs, as well as being able to cancel when you like, as an existing customer I can say its really nice!

If you want £50 off your first month with them, send me a trust and I'll give you my referral code, I'll get £50 off too :)

Soldato
@Daaaavvveee - do you work for EVezy? :p

On a serrious note - do you get access to the Tesla App for the car?

I'm still not convinced on the pricing, it's far more expensive than just getting a normal lease if you keep the car for 2/3 years. There is also the issue that if I sign up for an i3 rental today I will get your used one rather than a shiny new one for less cash on a standard lease. The only plus point is that Evezy is flexible.

Associate
@Daaaavvveee - do you work for EVezy? :p

On a serrious note - do you get access to the Tesla App for the car?

I'm still not convinced on the pricing, it's far more expensive than just getting a normal lease if you keep the car for 2/3 years. There is also the issue that if I sign up for an i3 rental today I will get your used one rather than a shiny new one for less cash on a standard lease. The only plus point is that Evezy is flexible.

At £50 per referral it is kind of working for them lol. But why not if it helps everyone get a little something extra off the car. Personally, I went for a regular lease but think EVezy is a good way to test the waters with EVs.

Soldato
At £50 per referral it is kind of working for them lol. But why not if it helps everyone get a little something extra off the car. Personally, I went for a regular lease but think EVezy is a good way to test the waters with EVs.

It's more the way he has promoted the company in this thread rather than the £50 referral, quite a lot of marketing blurb and a bit too positive.

Soldato
I’m with you! Found it quite humorous really and definitely no offence taken from my side
No worries :D

Ok so I went down the rabbit hole, only 5 recent posts, 5/5 are promoting Evezy in EV related threads and all in office hours.

Daaaveee - in all seriousness no offence intended if you are a genuine customer but your posts smell like a sales push. You know how that saying goes, if it smells like a fish... :p

Associate
LOL - I can see why you might think that! No, just a happy customer, I'm on PH as well, that's how I found out about Evezy and started going down the EV rabbit hole. Yes of course theres £50 in it for me in anyone signs up, that's kind of why referral programs exists isn't it? So happy customers can share what they think is good and both sides get something for it. I'll shut up and just refer you to the SpeakEV forums :) plenty of discussion there from anyone interested in Evezy: https://www.speakev.com/threads/the-evezy-discussion-thread.135610/

Going back to the Model 3 at £599 a month - its not the outright cheapest by the looks of it, but for the mileage you get, plus the bonuses of their payment model, its definitely worth looking at.

Soldato
I was going to suggest that thread as a more impartial review of the Evezy service. I've skimmed through the thread and was confident enough to consider the service based on the generally positive experiences and well documented compromises.

I'm still not certain of my upgrade path next year of an i3s 120ah or a switch to a Tesla M3. The 120ah battery in the latest i3 would more than suit my current driving needs without the compromises I have with a 60ah i3. Mostly having to charge often especially in winter however I've been reading and watching vids of Tesla for like 3 years now and really want to try one so a short term hire via Evezy might be a good experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom