It's too hot :(

Soldato
I love the heat and after sitting outside for an hour it even got too much for me. Can only stay out in this if there is a pool to cool off in which I don't have unfortunately!

ajf

ajf

Soldato
It’s the humidity that gets me.
Last year, whilst it was so hot, I didn’t feel it as much as usual, and I think the humidity was a lot lower then.
One question, what weather pattern has caused this one day blip for us?
Europe has had the heat for several days, but looking at the maps here it just seems to be Saturday, and then tomorrow 8c cooler!
Couldn’t see any difference in wind direction either?

Soldato
It’s the humidity that gets me.
Last year, whilst it was so hot, I didn’t feel it as much as usual, and I think the humidity was a lot lower then.
One question, what weather pattern has caused this one day blip for us?
Europe has had the heat for several days, but looking at the maps here it just seems to be Saturday, and then tomorrow 8c cooler!
Couldn’t see any difference in wind direction either?
during the week we actually had record high temperature up above us, beating aug 2003 but down at ground level we had cooler air being pulled from the north sea which kept us cooler than the continent. Today that north sea breeze has gone and we now have a south east breeze from France and so the temperature has shot up

Soldato
28C+ in the Southampton area, Wunderground station near Butser Hill reading 34C...

Really don't feel up for heading back out in a while for ride in the South Downs hills, it might might have to wait until first thing tomorrow.

Soldato
Horrific..

Feel faint and don't really want.to.do.anything..if I do anything I'll sweat buckets.

I really don't understand people who enjoy this heat unless your in the sea or by a pool.

Give me. 18- 23 oC any day

You see the media giving positive spins on countries with 40-50oC heat like it's a good thing. It really isn't.. it will only climb

ajf

ajf

Soldato
during the week we actually had record high temperature up above us, beating aug 2003 but down at ground level we had cooler air being pulled from the north sea which kept us cooler than the continent. Today that north sea breeze has gone and we now have a south east breeze from France and so the temperature has shot up
Thank you for that.
Presumably, that breeze then comes back tomorrow which is why the temps suddenly drop?

Man of Honour
I'm not feeling too bad weirdly - it feels airless and the air you breath is warm which is horrid but it isn't quite humid or clamy enough to be unbearable though it is a little uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom