Commissario
It's time for another OcUK competition.

This time, you don't need to use any photoshop skills to enter, all you need is a camera.

But you will need to go out of your home and make a little effort.

To enter, post a picture of yourself (you can blur your face or put a black bar over your eyes if you want anonymity) by a famous landmark holding an "I love OcUK" sign. It's simple as that.

The landmark must be recognisable by at least one member of the mod team. It could be a place as famous as the Taj Mahal, Tower Bridge or the OcUK shop, or something as infamous as a signpost for Rhyl ;) Note, although famous, you won't get a bonus for taking a photograph of yourself standing outside my house :) (although you might (or might not) get a bonus for including a loaf of Hovis).

Everyone is able to submit one picture however prizes will only be awarded to those eligible for free OCUK postage.

All prizes supplied by OCUK
  • 1st place - 32GK850F 32" 2560X1440 VA FREESYNC 2 HDR 144HZ 1MS WIDESCREEN LED BACKLIT MONITOR (link)
  • 2nd place - OFFICIAL OVERCLOCKERS UK EXTREME GAMING MUG XL (link) & OCUK MEGA MAT XXL PREMIUM ELITE TACTICAL GAMING SURFACE (link)
  • 3rd place - OFFICIAL OVERCLOCKERS UK EXTREME GAMING MUG XL (link)

Don't take it too seriously - Get out there and have fun :D

Closing date for this is 23:59 on Saturday 31st August 2019 and the winners will be chosen by the moderating team. Impress us with your photography skills!

Commissario
OP
If you can change the deadline until Christmas I’ll get you a photo of me in front of Mt Fuji...
Ray, Ray, Ray. How will we know what you're standing in front of? :D. I'm sure you'll be going somewhere in the next couple of months though and I know it'll be difficult but just reduce the aperture a few stops :D

If a landmark is famous by name more than visually does it still count?

(Assuming I name the landmark)
As long as one member of the mod team recognises it. If you stood in front of a random brick wall, took a picture and claimed it was the wall that inspired Roger Waters to write The Wall then that wouldn't count because a) it could be any old wall and b) it wasn't a specific brick wall that inspired Roger Waters to write The Wall.

Don't overcomplicate things.

Caporegime
Ray, Ray, Ray. How will we know what you're standing in front of? :D. I'm sure you'll be going somewhere in the next couple of months though and I know it'll be difficult but just reduce the aperture a few stops :D

As long as one member of the mod team recognises it. If you stood in front of a random brick wall, took a picture and claimed it was the wall that inspired Roger Waters to write The Wall then that wouldn't count because a) it could be any old wall and b) it wasn't a specific brick wall that inspired Roger Waters to write The Wall.

I’m in Dublin before the deadline but the Guiness factory isn’t the same as Mt Fuji...but I know some people will disagree!

Soldato

Well I’m currently on holiday in the bay where the Durrells lived. Given there’s currently a tv show about them and their house is a big attraction over here I figured it’d work.

However prior to this trip (and my wife telling me about them) I’d never heard of them :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've bowed to your greater knowledge and updated the description in this thread. I had just copied it from the item description.

He was never qualified to start with ;) :D :D

I was just being a bit pedantic/jesting haha, but I appreciate it all the same!

Back
Top Bottom