Labels and LGBT

Soldato
Ah, but you can't just say that nowadays, and you can't presume, either. You have to specify and get them genetically tested, or it counts for naught...

Seriously though, if you didnt know, couldn't tell by looking, and if everything worked as you'd expect, would it still be a problem... in any language?

That would depend if you were looking to procreate.

Associate
I have an M2F transexual friend.
She's crazy, but anyway.
She does rude things with men here and there.
She says that most of them know what she is, but there was one chap who didn't know, and he became very angry (justifiably I think) when he found out.
She says that the men who like her and know what she is, seem to be either bisexual and therefore like her for combining male and female, or the animal/ vegetable/ mineral type, who will shag anything they can get away with shagging.

Caporegime
Would you settle for a really hot, sexy-looking XY with a fully functional vagina and all the other associated external bits?
Obviously not, because the external bits are a part but not the whole story.

Growing up as a man has all kinds of implications beyond just your dangly bits. Your brain is going to develop in a completely different way - even if there is no such thing as a "male brain" or a "female brain" - your brain's development is still radically different because it's shaped by the different experiences men and women will have (not all of which are good, of course).

I'm making the assumption of course that the XY you are referring to has transitioned and can actually pass as a female if standing perfectly still and not speaking ;)

Soldato
Only the sith deal in absolutes.............
Would I go out with someone who has transitioned from Male to Female? Probably not, but as I've never been in that situation I can't really say I would never do it.

Associate
Only the sith deal in absolutes.............
Would I go out with someone who has transitioned from Male to Female? Probably not, but as I've never been in that situation I can't really say I would never do it.
You're not quite sure if you are homosexual, but you might be if you meet a man with good enough boobs.

Associate
You're not quite sure if you are homosexual, but you might be if you meet a man with good enough boobs.

You don't look at the mantle piece whilst you're poking the fire as they say!

Dare I throw in the " But we should be allowed to compete in WOMENS sports " argument? Or will that just start a pure uproar.

Whilst I couldn't care less if somebody wants to tuck their nuts and call themselves Claire, I do not agree with allowing trans women to compete in biological womens sports, you can't argue with science, men have multiple natural attributes even on hormone blockers that give them a natural advantage in certain physical activities..running for example.

Associate
I wonder how many more letters they will add to LGBT. Where will it end!
It's not just LGBT anymore. Keep with these progressive times! It's the current year!
Some are calling it LGBTQIA. Others have gone further. I saw one which made me think it was a town in Way-yells.
In any case, they have now included "paedophiles", or as they call them, "pedosexuals", within the ranks, and this is why ages of consent are under pressure across the West to be lowered, and why they are messing with children's heads at school.

The natural law penalty for what they are doing to kids in school is "a sound thrashing", "property confiscation" and in the worse cases, "death", but under government-made law, these penalties are not yet lawful, and we must obey the government-made laws.

Just remembered: kids are now being told in school that men can have babies.

Man of Honour
There are only two sexes and a very small amount of people with chromosonal and or hormonal disorders.

You have fallen prey of the deliberate conflation of sex and personal identity expression.

I haven't fallen prey because I 'invented' it back in the early 70s.
I just knew there was something going on with people and there was a lot more to just male & female.
I'm glad a lot of people caught up with my thinking.

Permabanned
I've posted this before, but "normal" isn't the correct word to use in this case. Since you like definitions, here's a grammatical reason why (cut and paste from previous posting):

I think it's helpful to look at definitions. And take an alternative word : 'usual'

normal
conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

Usual
habitually or typically occurring or done; customary.

Not a lot in that, although "conforming to a standard" is a little ominous sounding.

Then look at the antonyms, which apply to populations outside of the standard:

Abnormal
deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying.

Unusual
not habitually or commonly occurring or done.

And there, I think, is why using "normal" is not good practice. Because you're implying (or maybe outright saying) that those outside the norm are abnormal, which is a word that carries a negative meaning.

Well I'm with you on the abnormal carrying a negative connotation, I'm not personally trying to slant those of alternative sexual preference or implying alternative gender identification is abnormal. That's all done to use of language I suppose and I do get why you would dislike the term 'normal'. So yeah, okay, fair enough.

Permabanned
Humans have sexes. Male or female.
If you want to say that there are also two genders, and gender matches sex for 99.9% of people then fine.
But really, humans have sexes. Just like cows and dogs and some electrical cable connections.
Cows and dogs don't have societal roles or expected behaviours according to their sex, humans do. Humans are also sentient and self aware, so humans can be fully aware that though they may have specific reproductive organs they do not necessarily identify nor want to conform to behaving a certain way just because they are born with certain organs. If you want to compare yourself to cows and dogs be my guest.

Permabanned
It is a made up club intended to drive a wedge between people so that commies and globalists can chip away at society.

you.gif

Associate
Cows and dogs don't have societal roles or expected behaviours according to their sex, humans do. Humans are also sentient and self aware, so humans can be fully aware that though they may have specific reproductive organs they do not necessarily identify nor want to conform to behaving a certain way just because they are born with certain organs. If you want to compare yourself to cows and dogs be my guest.
People can identify however they want, as long as they don't try and force other people to play along.
So can animals actually. I know a duck which thinks he is a chicken. He's still a duck though.

Back
Top Bottom