Dumbest news quote ever?

Soldato
Surely the following sentence of "it's even worse than 3 hours on the train isn't it ?" (she says it in the video) when she was speaking of the 2 dead is an even more dumb statement ?

Of course getting hit by a train and dying is worse than sitting 3 hours on said murderous train :mad:
Woman clearly in shock and then having a mic shoved in front of her face. Yes she sounded a bit daft but imo the reporter was wrong to quote her, pretty mean thing to do as it is obviously does not paint her in a great light.

regardless of the details, a very tragic accident. I feel for the train driver as well. I guess it is down to expense but surely some form of radio could be built into all train workers ear defenders so that a warning goes off in the headset when a train is approaching???

the tech is there but would probably add another £X to the cost of the ear defenders.

Man of Honour
I agree the quality of news reporting is awful

I visited my Dad a couple of weeks ago and he had cut two stories out of our Evening Sentinel that had my name on.
They had taken my stories from a local Facebook page and completely twisted all the words.
I was fuming to think they can do this, the stories were nothing eg Michelin Apprentice School, but all the timeline and context was wrong.

Permabanned
I visited my Dad a couple of weeks ago and he had cut two stories out of our Evening Sentinel that had my name on.
They had taken my stories from a local Facebook page and completely twisted all the words.
I was fuming to think they can do this, the stories were nothing eg Michelin Apprentice School, but all the timeline and context was wrong.
yeah whenever I read a story that I have inside knowledge on it is invariably completely wrong.

Caporegime

It’s only going to get worse with the implementation of deepfake.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, let's all hate this woman because she said something.

Well...Yeah. not liking someone because of their opinion is pretty normal.

Would you not dislike someone immensely for saying all (insert offensive term for black people, Asian people, etc.) Should be killed painfully? I know I would!

Might reserve a spot on the tracks next to her for you.

Permabanned
Well...Yeah. not liking someone because of their opinion is pretty normal.

Would you not dislike someone immensely for saying all (insert offensive term for black people, Asian people, etc.) Should be killed painfully? I know I would!

Might reserve a spot on the tracks next to her for you.

Sure, make the jump from an innocent harmless (even if a bit silly) woman to some weird association with racial slurring. If you were talking to me I'd happily jump on the track, no need for a reservation.

Permabanned
As you said, it's just saying 'something'. So why get all twisty over it?
I'm not, you made a thread, I replied, you got upset, almost as upset at some insignificant woman's rather dull quote to the point you got all "twisty" and made a rather silly post to vent your frustration at her. You then made a rather aggressive comment about wanting to throw me on the tracks with the woman who shattered your world with her dull quote and I replied with something in the same vein and you got upset again.
You're doing well.

Caporegime
OP
I'm not, you made a thread, I replied, you got upset, almost as upset at some insignificant woman's rather dull quote to the point you got all "twisty" and made a rather silly post to vent your frustration at her. You then made a rather aggressive comment about wanting to throw me on the tracks with the woman who shattered your world with her dull quote and I replied with something in the same vein and you got upset again.
You're doing well.

Aggressive? Dunno what you mean. Just said 'something'.

Back
Top Bottom