Super Mario Maker 2

Associate
I searched and found no thread devoted to only SMM2 so thought I'd make one.

How are you getting on with the game? I'm enjoying it but really need to get a better controller as the joycons are not that great for this type of game. Considering an 8Bitdo SN30 Pro but may end up with an adapter for PS4 controller instead..

Have you made your own courses? The builder is pretty good imo, figured we could also share course codes here and give/receive feedback on them! If you want to give my first one a try: 4JQ-20J-9DF

Level Codes:
akaFonzie:
  1. 4Jq-20J-9DF
gavinpoo:
  1. W08-S1K-J8G
  2. VPP-KRY-71H

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Haven’t made my own course yet and I don’t know if I will but I love the game. Some people are insanely creative with their level design and it always makes me smile when you see a cool mechanic.

What surprises me is the low clear rate on some easyish levels. Do people get bored quickly? When a level has a 5% clear rate I expect it to be nails. I’m crap at the game but anything above a few % CR is usually ok.

Man of Honour
Haven’t made my own course yet and I don’t know if I will but I love the game. Some people are insanely creative with their level design and it always makes me smile when you see a cool mechanic.

What surprises me is the low clear rate on some easyish levels. Do people get bored quickly? When a level has a 5% clear rate I expect it to be nails. I’m crap at the game but anything above a few % CR is usually ok.

The pong level was very clever. Feel free to share the levels that you think are worth playing.

I recommend this if you want to play something less like a glitch and more like a traditional series of Mario levels:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...yer_has_already_created_a_full_32-course_game

Associate
OP

It's a fun experience! I quite like amateur game development but never get around to it so bashing together levels in this scratches that itch!

The pong level was very clever. Feel free to share the levels that you think are worth playing.

I recommend this if you want to play something less like a glitch and more like a traditional series of Mario levels:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...yer_has_already_created_a_full_32-course_game

Yeah that's a good point, i'll add that to OP too about sharing good levels! I'm not quite at the level of some of the youtube/twitch brigade but there are a lot of cool/fun easy levels too which is good!

Soldato
Loving this game, it’s good knowing daily or even by the hour there’s new fresh content to explore. I’ve saved a few of my fav courses and I will link them in here when next at my switch!

Associate
I'm really enjoying this game so far but I feel it needs some tweaking to make 'normal' creator's levels more accessible. I uploaded my first level about a week ago and it's only just got its first play tonight while other levels are getting many thousands of plays.

Just beat your level, akaFonzie. I won't say here what I said when I hit a hidden block near the end of the level, but I wasn't happy!

I've made a couple of stages now if anyone wants to give them a go:

W08-S1K-J8G is my first. A bit messy but not too difficult.
VPP-KRY-71H I just uploaded today. Fairly pleased with this one. Again, not too tricky but a couple of parts could catch you out.

Associate
OP
I'm really enjoying this game so far but I feel it needs some tweaking to make 'normal' creator's levels more accessible. I uploaded my first level about a week ago and it's only just got its first play tonight while other levels are getting many thousands of plays.

Just beat your level, akaFonzie. I won't say here what I said when I hit a hidden block near the end of the level, but I wasn't happy!

I've made a couple of stages now if anyone wants to give them a go:

W08-S1K-J8G is my first. A bit messy but not too difficult.
VPP-KRY-71H I just uploaded today. Fairly pleased with this one. Again, not too tricky but a couple of parts could catch you out.

Definitely, i would have thought that levels would be put into the rotation of endless but i wonder if it needs clearing by a few people before that happens!

Ha, the joys of kaizo blocks! One of those things which is equal parts clever and annoying, but they can be way overused! I'll give your levels a go in a bit, and thanks for playing mine! I'll add any new levels (when i can) to the OP, would be cool if there was a way to pin a post that could be updated by others in the thread!

Associate
OP
Remember when making your levels that random is not fun.

Definitely, it is inherently difficult to introduce random things to the level maker outside of bugs in the engine(s) though. Most mechanics will act the same each play through so they are somewhat predictable on multiple plays, but i get what you mean in that some just won't play them!

Back
Top Bottom