• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Jesus Christ your like a bloody broken record, we get it you don't rate AMD, just move on and let the owners discuss their new products lol

It's like your addicted to trolling this thread or something

Classic AMDelirious.

Btw having an opinion is not trolling. Trolling is a term used by people who don't have the same opinion as you.

Soldato
i think someone mentioned that the beta x570 bioses did not limit tdp...so with pb2/xfr2, the 3700x should've performed the same as a 3800x.

i suspect if the tdp limits get enforced, the 3700x performance should drop.

or the 3700x has enough headroom to make up the difference easily......not that 1-2% in fps will make that much difference

Soldato
Classic AMDelirious.

Btw having an opinion is not trolling. Trolling is a term used by people who don't have the same opinion as you.

calm down ppl, i've happly made the switch from intel back to amd and i'm so looking forward to my new 3900x at the res i play at 1440p ther is little to no diffrence between intel and amd anymore, thats before you factor productivity when you do sorry intel, amd has won hands down in that respect

Last edited:
Soldato
Aye was going to get a 3700X, but tempted by the 3800X now if it seems the power limits on it are way way higher.

Yeah that was my thinking and why I went for it, the base clock is higher and so is the boost and that video of the 3800x running at 4.4 solid was final confirmation.

I reckon x570 bios are a bit of a mess too ATM, I still don't think AMD would market these chips with clocks on the box that none of them have been able to hit yet, that is opening themselves up for a CLA in the USA, so I think there's definitely something going on with the BIos or Agesa or something that's hindering them

Associate
Just saying the 9900k is still the gaming king is not looking at the whole picture, if you just look at the top of the charts and go by that your missing a lot out.

The 9900k is old hat now, its on an older platform with much less functionality, uses much more power and is less secure.
Now i dont know about most folk here but that more than make a difference to me when it comes to a few % in some gaming benches - the Zen2 platform is clearly superior and no 5-7% win is some games is going to make up for that.
Heck we dont even know what the 3800x will do yet, or the 3950x which is still to come to battle the 9900kf

We also dont know the limits of the ones just released either.

Associate
calm down ppl, i've happy made the switch from intel back to amd and i'm so looking forward to my new 3900x at the res i play at 1440p ther is little to no diffrence between intel and amd anymore, thats before you factor productivity when you do sorry intel, amd has won hands down in that respect

Hmm, think I might go Ryzen now. 3800x most likely. Needs to be sub £380 for me.

Caporegime
Not really, the scheduler is not really a gaming issue, atleast not with the current optimisation.

When Microsoft/AMD can focus a chiplet more accurately than currently, then it will be, god knows when that'll be.

Associate
Trying to work that out, potentially something to with inter chiplet comms?

What's the methodology? Lower percentile results are by nature going to highlight outliers, so could have just been a bad run if they only do the test once? Could be a synchronisation issue across ccxs, but is a game that old using >12 threads? Interesting anyway, especially as lower percentile is often what you feel (whether something is jittery or not)

Back
Top Bottom