• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Some of the 3700X 4K numbers are around 45-70fps with a single 2080ti. If you want a CPU that can carry you through 2 or 3 successive GPU upgrades then you want something that can feed the equivalent to 2080ti SLI. No idea if it can but being behind now doesn't auger well for the future.

4k is great for large tv's etc - so if you are gaming on these fair enough - but given we are already in a very small segment as it is......Im not convinced a lot will be pc gaming on such hidef desktop monitors

but fair enough, if you are then 3900 / 3950 when it appears is probably the best option (if not Tr when it appears)

Soldato
Not sure if its been asked ..this threads been in light speed..Do OCUK offer the 3 month game pass with the new AMD products that other outlets are doing ??
I think this is coming direct from AMD from what Ive read on all gen 3 products (but cant be stacked) so yeah I would believe so

Permabanned
Thing is I made I made a mistake when the 1700/1700x and 1800x launched. The product I should have bought was the 1700x not the cheaper 1700. Everyone said you can overclock it to 4Ghz and have identical performance. Well I ended up with a 1700 that was a rubbish overclocker. It couldn't even do 3.8Ghz at 1.35v and I never managed to get my ram stable at DOCP. I then ended up selling it and buying a 2700x to solve the frequency issue and ram issue. I also bought a new pair of ram sticks (Samsung B-die) just to make sure. Up until last week I still was not able to get stable at DOCP and had to drop to 3133MHz for stability. A new BIOS was released last week and thus far everything seems OK at DOCP. But it always goes like this and eventually freezes. Time will tell.

All I'm saying, is that if it was ME I would buy the 3800x.
wow .. I've got a 1700 that does 4ghz and mem that does 3466 .. .. for you I hope you don't lose the silicone lottery this time .. but it's always what you pair it with .. btw I would have sent back the b die at 3133

Associate
AMD have better IPC in games.
Just clocks are too low.
From HW Unboxed:

20190707-192828.jpg

Back
Top Bottom