• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
The 3900x is a 24 thread part that comes in quite a few watts bellow the 16thread 9900k which is a lot slower in the test ran, thats a significant power/performance delta.

The 3900x is destined to be one of the greatest chips of all time...one of those milestone moments in PC history...

It’s an incredible chip at an incredible price with an incredible power consumption and quite literally makes the 9900k look silly :p

Associate
I think we should focus on the power consumption. Productivity tasks Zen 2 is right up there and ahead most of the time. Gaming :Intel still holds the crown but is looking a little vulnerable but the real clincher for me is AMD will cost me £1.80 less per month for the 26,360 less frames that I had over the course of the last month while gaming. It's win win, the more you game the more you save!

Associate
cause when You spend 400quid+ on cpu itself i think you can afford extra 20 quid on electricity bill.

Many people seem to agonise over whether the 100dB of dynamic range in a motherboard's audio DAC is good enough, then pump 40dB of white noise into their room because they've bought a CPU that doubles as a furnace. Low power consumption is great. I'm leaning toward the 3700x at the mo specifically because it'll be a doddle to run silent on air.

Caporegime
Many people seem to agonise over whether the 100dB of dynamic range in a motherboard's audio DAC is good enough, then pump 40dB of white noise into their room because they've bought a CPU that doubles as a furnace. Low power consumption is great. I'm leaning toward the 3700x at the mo specifically because it'll be a doddle to run silent on air.

Gets ready to turn his radiator fans to 7v silence with a 3900x :D

Caporegime
I like power consumption is good for Intel when AMD is lower, but REALLY bad for AMD when Nvidia is lower per perf.

Honestly, is there like a flowchart for this gymnastics?

Permabanned
if someone wants quiet goes custom wc loop loudest thing in my main room is water pump :)

Soldato
I think we should focus on the power consumption. Productivity tasks Zen 2 is right up there and ahead most of the time. Gaming :Intel still holds the crown but is looking a little vulnerable but the real clincher for me is AMD will cost me £1.80 less per month for the 26,360 less frames that I had over the course of the last month while gaming. It's win win, the more you game the more you save!

:D

Associate
if someone wants quiet goes custom wc loop loudest thing in my main room is water pump :)

custom loop wont save you from the heat your PC is dumping in your sweaty face during those long summer gaming sessions. well unless you keep your radiators in another room...

Associate
Out of curiosity what motherboards did people with the 3900x get? I've been struggling to buy either a b450(MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC) or x570 (Gigabyte AMD X570 AORUS ELITE) but I keep hearing people talk about possible motherboard fan failures with the x570

Soldato
custom loop wont save you from the heat your PC is dumping in your sweaty face during those long summer gaming sessions. well unless you keep your radiators in another room...

Oh god! I was sitting with a towel over my chair, and shirtless in the "office" today. The heat from the systems, and sun blasting in through the windows.

Perfect for winter...but I hate summer.

Soldato
What kind of all core boost does the 3600 hold compared to 3600x?

At stock 3600 holds 4.1ghz on all cores when running something CPU intensive like Blender. We don't know about 3600X yet.

frequency-blender-amd-r5-3600-cpu-review_all.png

With games its closer to 4.2ghz.

Associate
For running a 3600 at stock, what RAM would you guys recommend? Would VENGEANCE LPX 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHZ be suitable, or better off spending more on faster 2x8gb?
Crucial ballistix LT are micron E die (check ) and are good for 3000/3200Mhz at about half the price of that corsair set. Obv make sure you're getting C15/C16 too but I've seen them at 3600mhz OC for way less than the Corsair RAM you reference. Apparently it's about 1-2% difference going 3200mhz to 3600mhz at similar/the same CAS so money probs better spent elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom