Associate
Hello all,

I've been out of gaming for around 10 years and looking to get a system built and need some advice.

I'm out of touch with what's required these days. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just to be able to play games such as StarCraft, WoW / Classic, Fifa, Countstrike, COD, stuff like this. Probably a few other games once I get back into gaming and discover whats new.

I've been looking at some of the pre-builds on here but unsure if any upgrades to the systems would be needed. For example, I3 vs I5, is I3 good enough for gaming or for the extra cash is I5 worth the upgrade?

Can anyone recommend one of the pre-builds within a £800 max budget that will play what I need?

Soldato
@ExpiredGamer

Perfecting timing... But just wait till the 9th ;)

2nd see the launch of Nvidia super cards which are an upgrade over current RTX and same pricing die to AMD releasing two cards ; RX5700 Pro and XT - released 7th .
And the. You've got Ryzen 3000 launching on the 7th .

Associate
OP
Hello again, Now the launch is here. I'm looking to place an order ASAP.

Per my original post, I'm not going to be a heavy gamer, just playing the titles mentioned. I can see some good deals on the AMD 2600 + B450, wondering if this could give me a decent setup or would it be worth getting something together with the 3600, would future proof me a little I guess?

My budget was originally £800, I can push this to £1000 but it would need to include a monitor.

I'm probably going to finance it and was looking at the prebuilds then amending the setup then upgrading the parts.

Looking at things I'm considering if it's worth getting parts together and asking for it to be built for me? Can that be done with the finance option?

I'll leave out Windows to save a little cash. I believe I can just install it from USB and try my luck with a code bought somewhere else.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Cheers!

Man of Honour
If you're playing older games, single core performance is king. So either intel or ryzen 3000. Would not recommend ryzen 2000 for your use case.

Man of Honour
Tamzzy, thank you for this! Looking through things this is pretty much exactly what I need and from the looks of it, I'll be getting a decent setup.
Only thing is that the b450 board will require a bios update prior to be able to use a ryzen 3000 processor. But if you're getting ocuk to build it for you...shouldn't be a big issue.

Associate
OP
Only thing is that the b450 board will require a bios update prior to be able to use a ryzen 3000 processor. But if you're getting ocuk to build it for you...shouldn't be a big issue.

Thanks! I'll double check with ocuk if they'll do that, assume they will. Otherwise, from what I've been looking at over the last few days it won't be much of an issue to do. Seems pretty simple.

Thanks again.

Man of Honour
Will that PSU be fine with just the one cable with two connectors for Vega 56? @tamzzy
Ah well spotted. In my defence...it said 4 connectors in the blurb. :( Probably a misprint.
Just checked cooler master's website and indeed 550w has only 1 cable and 2 connectors...it's the 650w that has 2 cables and 4 connectors.
In light of this...no, wouldn't recommend the 550w PSU. Get the 650w PSU instead.

Soldato
Ah well spotted. In my defence...it said 4 connectors in the blurb. :( Probably a misprint.
Just checked cooler master's website and indeed 550w has only 1 cable and 2 connectors...it's the 650w that has 2 cables and 4 connectors.
In light of this...no, wouldn't recommend the 550w PSU. Get the 650w PSU instead.

Right, I saw the blurb and for a moment I thought wow four PCIe connectors that means two cables on a 550W, this PSU is fancy... lol.

Man of Honour
the gpu, ram is weaker.
don't know what motherboard it is...just says "b450"...so could be a really lousy bargain basement board...who knows?
psu is certainly going to be the el-cheapo kolink no-name psu

other than that...i guess it's okay...

Back
Top Bottom