Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
Do people still make and fly their own mini quads (180mm/250mm)?

I lost interest a few years back and have a bunch of bits and pieces including fatsharks etc. Was going to photograph and put it up on the forum market as a job lot but are these things still in demand?

Just getting into FPV what sort of goggles are u looking at getting rid of ?
Cheers
Dave :)

Soldato
Damage is already done though. BBC should be held accountable by ofcom and fined massively.

And if CAA want us to register with them, they should be the first people to have defended us. But total silence.

It just means we all get even more hate when out flying.

Why would the CAA defend you? You already blatantly break the current rules. :rolleyes:

You can't take the moral high ground with your YouTube video history :p

Caporegime
Am i mad for preferring the Parrot Anafi over the mavic pro? Everything about the Parrot seems so much more intuitive, the app is well designed, the drone is pretty quiet. The dji go app on the other hand has to be one of the most unintuitive i've seen, so many menu's to access to find where options are buried. Just seems like options you would think would be readily available aren't and you have to do a lot of searching to find them.

The "tap to focus" i find irritating to use, flown it plenty of times and only realised on viewing the footage that some things weren't in focus. I now know you can tap a high contrast area and it'll stay focused for the flight but no such worries on the Parrot. I can fly the parrot and barely anyone notices it, vs the tornado sound of the mavic props which gets people gawking in the air to see where the swarm of mildly miffed Bee's are.

IMO the only thing the mavic has over the parrot is it's got a longer range, i think the photo and video of both are pretty comparable (when its in focus on the mavic that is)

Soldato
The Phantom 2 doesn't need a phone or tablet, so quite straight forward.

1: Read the laws on where you can and can't fly and operate your Phantom accordingly.
2: Turn on the transmitter
3: Take phantom to take off point.
4: Power on the phantom (one short press then press and hold the power button)
5: Wait for it to get a GPS signal and set its home location.
6: Push both sticks down and towards the centre simultaneously to arm the phantom.
7: Fly it. Honesly, driving an RC car is more difficult.
8: Land it. Bring the left stick down to just below centre, and once on the ground push it all the way to the bottom and the quad will disarm after a second or two.
9: Power it off the same way you powered it on.
10: Turn off the transmitter.

Caporegime
Anyone know if there's a way to "force charge" a phantom 3 pro battery? Bought a second hand one with 4 batteries, it's seen almost no use from the previous owner. 3 of the batteries work perfectly and only have a few charges on them each, the fourth however seems to refuse to charge. Seen a few posts on various forums about things to try but no luck so far.

Soldato
Thanks guys and Gerard i would never try to force charge a lipo. The dji ones are supposed to have some intelligence, my guess would be its stopping it for a reason such as the cells dropping below 3.3v and been damaged.

Caporegime
Thanks guys and Gerard i would never try to force charge a lipo. The dji ones are supposed to have some intelligence, my guess would be its stopping it for a reason such as the cells dropping below 3.3v and been damaged.

Thought it might be that, 3 out of 4 is good though considering the drone is in mint condition and i got it for a good price :)

Now if i could just get my mavic to fly in a straight line instead of it crabbing all over the place that might also be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom