• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Rant ? Intel Fan? Ryzen Truth ?

Soldato
You can't do that, one is meant to be as powerful as it could out of the box, and second is nerfed on purpose to fit the TDP. I didn't include cost in this equation it's not about that, more of an testing methodology done.

And finally I don't think 9900k is a good chip.
Btw the battlefield results were dx12 versus dx11 also, so you should probably scratch that, as the 9900 does much better aga8nst itself with the same ram

Associate
OP
Soldato
Thanks for the thread on what they could test, if you read the big thread, there are absolutely stacks of tests we would all love to see run, especially when it comes to optimisation and timings

Edit
What is your view on running the intel chips with no cooler, since they don’t supply one and amd do?

Associate
OP
The reviwers did, they should probably slap it on the intel too.

I would test CPU's under custom watercooling to take this out of the equation at all.

Personally I don't care about the value, I can do those calculations myself.

What I want know is: the safe max operating limits performance. Max cooling, max ram. So i know what kind of chips are those.

The funniest thing is when the reviewers downclock the Intel to 4Ghz and say : let's see how they compare.

Yea we know, 7nm works better, what kind of test is that.

Associate
OP
How many people can afford 100-300£ on water cooling... should just test the bloody things under Liquid Helium.

Mate I don't care who, what, when can afford. It's not about that. It's about doing scientific experiment. You take ALL factors that could negatively affect CPU performance out of the equation so you can test the bloody CPU.

JESUS

Soldato
Mate I don't care who, what, when can afford. It's not about that. It's about doing scientific experiment. You take ALL factors that could negatively affect CPU performance out of the equation so you can test the bloody CPU.

JESUS

So would you be fine if both high end cooling and stock cooling was tested together?

Intel has a stock cooler for CFL CPUs which ships with prebuilt PCs.

Edit!!

Also on purpose ignoring the quality of stock cooling is actually not a good thing. We saw this with prebuilt PCs which ship with higher end CPUs but with AMD and Intel stock OEM solutions,or even less than ideal coolers.

Examples include Core i7 8700/8700K systems being shipped in OEM systems which underperformed compared to what reviews said. People bought these systems based on what CPU reviews showed.

The same goes with AMD and Intel CPUs being tested only on high end motherboards - plenty of systems sold in the realworld will use cheaper motherboards.

The same goes with AMD and Intel CPUs breaking official TDP specifications due to PBO,MCE,etc.

Lots of systems sold will be configured to strict TDP limits.

Reviews only test best case scenarios, when the bulk of systems won't be doing this as plenty of large OEMs don't care. Testing should cover this too,to give a max/min range of performance benchmarks.

Last edited:
Soldato
And you are this angry because it doesn't make sense with 2080ti on 1440/4k ? I agree, it doesn't make sense. But what will happen when 3080ti launch? There will come a time when Ryzens won't max out those cards. If there's a 20% gap in 1080p, there will be a gap at 1440p.

You can only really talk about current games and apps; how future games will run on these processors remains to be seen. Also keep in mind that future console will be made based on Ryzen architecture.

PS: For instance I'm getting over 90% CPU utilization on a 2600x + 2080 in Crysis 3, on a level with grass. I would really wonder how smooth and constant a 6 core Intel part is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom