• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
We were told of what was received and that at that point no 3800x and the warehouse staff were on the look out for when they do turn up. Think that was around 11am ish?

Its sounding like they were not even shipped from amd at this rate
Now the question is do I buy a 3700X from OCUK or do I wait for the unicorn to show up?

Soldato
these 3800x cpu's better be the dogs danglies given how rare they seem to be. imagine the meltdown that would take place if amd have been holding them back because they blow everything else out of the water and they don't want to hurt sales of the 3600/3700x/3900x!!

Soldato
I know yeh, got one on the MM the other day for a good price so couldnt resist.

Do i cancel the X570 Taichi or just keep it ?? hmmmm
did you get it at the place that had the pricing error? if so punt it on for profit ;) if not, just keep it as the board for the gaming pc. still kicking myself i didn't nab one at the silly price but hey ho.

Associate
these 3800x cpu's better be the dogs danglies given how rare they seem to be. imagine the meltdown that would take place if amd have been holding them back because they blow everything else out of the water and they don't want to hurt sales of the 3600/3700x/3900x!!

I can't really think of any reason they would, but I'm open to surprises :D Still sitting back and deciding which one I want.

oh i'm only bs'ing but if was some sort of gaming monster they wouldn't shift nearly as many of the other line of cpu's as they have if it was in the wild and available.
I'm not so convinced. 3900X buyers aren't necessarily buying for gaming prowess, and 3600(X)/3700X buyers would likely spend more on the 3800X if it was that good.
It is conceivable that the 8c 105w CPU does have more in the tank, but the whole point of PBO is that limits get overridden, thus making a 3700X and 3800X interchangeable in terms of performance. Strictly speaking, that would evidence itself if it were the 3700X that was in short supply, not the 3800X; take the higher sales price on the "identical" CPUs given the choice.

Associate
Oh and I'm gutted Cities Skylines appear to be running slower on my 3700x than my 1600x, I can't justify getting another 16gb (100+ worth of ram) just for a single game though.
This is just impossible. Armed with this new knowledge, go and look at what went wrong. Drivers, windows version, powerplan, more drivers.
(unless, as you are pointing to ram, 1600X has more ram?)

Associate
I don't know why the 3800X seems to be so rare, I just cancelled my pre order somewhere else of the 3800X since there is no info of when it ships. Now I am trying to decide if I get 3700X from OCUK or try to find a 3800X somewhere else.

Associate
I don't know why the 3800X seems to be so rare, I just cancelled my pre order somewhere else of the 3800X since there is no info of when it ships. Now I am trying to decide if I get 3700X from OCUK or try to find a 3800X somewhere else.

i doubt you will find a 3800x anywhere else before you would get one from OCUK.

Hope gibbo can come back to us and let us know what the deal is, it is highly infuriating for us that have the 3800x on order. If no news tomorrow i will most likely cancel the 3800x and go for the 3700x if its still in stock so i can at-least get it for the weekend.

Associate
i doubt you will find a 3800x anywhere else before you would get one from OCUK.

Hope gibbo can come back to us and let us know what the deal is, it is highly infuriating for us that have the 3800x on order. If no news tomorrow i will most likely cancel the 3800x and go for the 3700x if its still in stock so i can at-least get it for the weekend.
I had mine pre ordered since Sunday from a different place but they have no idea when they will get it. Gibbo at least gives people some sort of update. I am hoping he can come back soon before the 1 day shipping windows closes since I am really considering the 3700X now.

Associate
I had mine pre ordered since Sunday from a different place but they have no idea when they will get it. Gibbo at least gives people some sort of update. I am hoping he can come back soon before the 1 day shipping windows closes since I am really considering the 3700X now.

had it pr-ordered from Sunday with ocuk, wish i had gone with the 3900x would have had it by now. Was just put off by the the very small difference in gaming and didn't feel it was worth an extra £100 for my use.

Associate
had it pr-ordered from Sunday with ocuk, wish i had gone with the 3900x would have had it by now. Was just put off by the the very small difference in gaming and didn't feel it was worth an extra £100 for my use.
I personally think the same way since I will not see the use for the extra 4 cores. I just wanted to get the "better version" of the 8 cores but at this rate I am not sure if is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom