• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
My preliminary thoughts on the Taichi:
- My bios came as v1.10
- Glad that the RGBs have quite detailed controls in bios (didn't want to install extra software)
- Default SB fan was unbearably LOUD (4500rpm+) and none of the fan control settings worked, my pc is right next to me and all my fans are normally <1000rpm so dead silent normally
- Updated bios to latest non beta (1.40), fan controls now work (bios fan utility is awesome)
- SB fan is inaudible below ~2500rpm so I'm happy
- was able to set my ram (Crucial 16GBx2 bls2k16g4d32aese) straight to 3600c16 first by enabling xmp and then bumping up the Freq and voltage to 1.375v, currently testing stability

Edit: the only slight annoyance I have is the SB fan still starts off at 100% on boot for a few seconds while the bios loads

Last edited:
Soldato
My preliminary thoughts on the Taichi:
- My bios came as v1.10
- Glad that the RGBs have quite detailed controls in bios (didn't want to install extra software)
- Default SB fan was unbearably LOUD (4500rpm+) and none of the fan control settings worked, my pc is right next to me and all my fans are normally <1000rpm so dead silent normally
- Updated bios to latest non beta (1.40), fan controls now work (bios fan utility is awesome)
- SB fan is inaudible below ~2500rpm so I'm happy
- was able to set my ram (Crucial 16GBx2 bls2k16g4d32aese) straight to 3600c16 first by enabling xmp and then bumping up the Freq and voltage to 1.375v, currently testing stability

Edit: the only slight annoyance I have is the SB fan still starts off at 100% on boot for a few seconds while the bios loads

Thanks, that's really useful as it answers a few questions. I had some concerns as it wasn't a board I had originally planned on buying. Thought I was getting either the MEG ACE or the Gigabyte Auros Master. Looks like it will handle anything I would want to do with it though.

I understand it's T-topology so curious to see how it is with RAM.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Buildzoid video on this board is worth a watch. He's a bit picky but still seemed to rate this one, components weren't top drawer but more than adequate for the average user. LN2 people would want more but let's be honest there aren't that many of them and their needs are quite differently from us normal mortals ;)

Caporegime
It's better, but 2 sticks in daisy chain will generally clock higher I think. Since 3600 seems fine for Zen 2 it's kind of irrelevant though.

Yeah that works for me I've got 4x16GB 3466mhz so hopefully will get them to 3600Mhz on the Taichi. Seems to be the sweet spot before the IF divider kicks in.

Soldato
Beggars belief they have these chipset fans going all out big guns right off the bat. We were all under the impression they would only come on when needed, and that would only be under heavy heavy NVME loads. Genuinely would be enough to push me onto Z390 if the bloody mobos have a stupid little high pitched fan screaming it's nut off.

Associate
Beggars belief they have these chipset fans going all out big guns right off the bat. We were all under the impression they would only come on when needed, and that would only be under heavy heavy NVME loads. Genuinely would be enough to push me onto Z390 if the bloody mobos have a stupid little high pitched fan screaming it's nut off.

If it's intentional, then they would probably have come out and said so by now. It's got to be an oversight. :confused:

Soldato

As already mentioned by someone, updating the BIOS fixes it. Probably just on the initial BIOS while they were writing more important functions.

Associate
There appears to be a bug in the bios, not sure if anyone else can confirm (using the latest 1.60 bios). If you load your XMP profile and then change your ram speed, the IF frequency remains locked at the initial speed even though the ratio is set to auto (which should mean 1:1). I was using ryzen master to check the ratio

Edit: Also at stock settings, my 3600 was idling at 50c and hitting 90+ in prime 95. I'm now down to -200mV offset which seems to give reasonable temps

Last edited:
Soldato
There appears to be a bug in the bios, not sure if anyone else can confirm (using the latest 1.60 bios). If you load your XMP profile and then change your ram speed, the IF frequency remains locked at the initial speed even though the ratio is set to auto (which should mean 1:1). I was using ryzen master to check the ratio

Edit: Also at stock settings, my 3600 was idling at 50c and hitting 90+ in prime 95. I'm now down to -200mV offset which seems to give reasonable temps
Send this to ASROCK.

Soldato
So... regarding the cheap Taichi.
It's very very odd for an online company to take payment before shipping. They actually leave themselves wide open to being sued operating this way.

Distance selling regs state:

"You can sell and take the payment before you have the item. However, if you fail to acquire and deliver the item or otherwise fail to fulfill the order then you are in breach of contract. If you fail to deliver on a consumer sale within 30 days (or later period as agreed) then you breach the DSR (Distance Selling Regs). If you have no proper terms you could be sued for all losses arising from the breach not just the return of the purchase monies."

I have checked said companies terms of contact and there is nothing specific to cover this issue. So if they don't deliver with 30 days after taking payment then they are in breach of DSR and can easily be sued. Not just for the value of the item. This is the very reason 99.9% of online retailers take payment when shipping. Seems really daft to leave yourself wide open like that. Meanwhile they are earning interest on my money while they haven't actually sent me any goods. Not on.

Another good reason to go with OCUK over their main UK competitor to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom