What's your pick for x570?

Caporegime
Which 32GB set will you go for?

Going to have to shortlist some MBs and make a decision at some point myself!

As with the motherboard, I've haven't got much of an idea yet (I'm going to wait for the dust to settle before I start pricing up my final build).

My current memory is the low profile Corsair Vengeance so I might go with 3600Mhz of that. Too early to say. :)

Associate
No worries. I'm toying with the idea of 32GB but might just go 16GB 3600Mhz and add 2 more sticks at a later date if I need to...

I'd set myself a budget of £1k but currently exceeding that!

Soldato
I've gone with the Gigabyte Aorus Pro. For me it seems to have good vrm's and featured for the price point, looks decent enough too. My Gigabyte Z77 board has been solid for many years so I was happy to go with them again.

Soldato
I really wanted the Aorus Xtreme but the price is a bit off (i.e you can get a 3900X and Aorus Ultra for the same money!). Bit concerned about the reports of constant 100% chipset fan on the Gigabytes though... I'm holding off for 3950X in September, so hopefully it's just a BIOS bug.

Soldato
I really wanted the Aorus Xtreme but the price is a bit off (i.e you can get a 3900X and Aorus Ultra for the same money!). Bit concerned about the reports of constant 100% chipset fan on the Gigabytes though... I'm holding off for 3950X in September, so hopefully it's just a BIOS bug.

GB are already developing a solution to the constant chipset fan issue. Should be out in a few days. Check the Auros thread for source.

Soldato
I watched an OC3D review video. After testing, he concluded that a very good x470 board showed very little difference to the x570 board. Granted that BIOS updates could change that. But he said basically your paying a premium just for PCIe 4 bragging rights, unless you really want to future proof yourself. Hopefully Zen 3 will just drop into the x570 boards.

Soldato
I like the X570 Asrock Taichi and MSI ACE boards myself, they seem well spec for the price compared to the others, Gigabyte I feel is overpriced for spec, offers nothing special, Asus misses out on Wi-FI on a lot of their boards, I mean X570 is not exactly cheap so should have everything thrown in when you are buying one, btw never thought I would see AMD board at nearly 800 quid , how times have changed lol .

:)

Associate
It seems more and more like the X570 was a solution to a problem that didn't exist for the vast majority of users.

Well yeah, the chips were had were very good. Thing is though the New Ryzen's aren't hugely overpriced like X570.

Thats why i have went with a B450 and next year im hoping the X670 is AM4 and the price has fallen back down to around £150/170 then il upgrade to pci4

Associate
https://youtu.be/bqHd_tFqvj0

A guy called buildzoid has looked at all the Asus X570 motherboard with a focus on VRM/phases. The video is an hour long but there are time stamps on the comment section.

Hopefully we will see more motherboard reviews soon, I think the reviewers haven’t finished benching all the CPU’s just yet !

Associate
Really considering a X570 Ace at the minute, just really wanted to keep it under £300. But I am planning on pairing it with a 3900 and a 2080ti... so don’t really want to go for a budget board with that much cost in the case!

TrM

TrM

Associate
Really considering a X570 Ace at the minute, just really wanted to keep it under £300. But I am planning on pairing it with a 3900 and a 2080ti... so don’t really want to go for a budget board with that much cost in the case!

I would really hold off buying a X570 ace atm I own a 3900X and msi X570 meg ace and the motherboard really isn’t ready yet well mine keep boosting at idle to 1.5v and my idle temps are just as high as my 4.1ghz all core boost in prime 95 on custom loop water cooling.

Msi have also moved all software into one package called dragon center there mystic lights network monitoring etc . But with it installed it takes over everything and keep cpu at 3.8ghz with. No boosting etc and locks Vcore to 1.175 v nice low cpu temp though but I had to uninstall it for the boost clocks to work and when it not installed the boat clock at idle hits 1.5v it’s making me pull my hair out lol

Back
Top Bottom