• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
I'm not sure why it would to be honest, surely the two fans would actually be working against each other? :confused:

Yeah I’m fairly certain that’s what happened, I got desperate as I moved up to 1440p the card went from tolerable to me wanting to pull my eardrums out

Associate
Yeah I’m fairly certain that’s what happened, I got desperate as I moved up to 1440p the card went from tolerable to me wanting to pull my eardrums out

It doesn't sound loud to me, and I use speakers rather than headphones! It's audible if the game is silent, but otherwise it's no different from my case fans. Then again, my case is on the floor rather than sitting next to me on my desk, so perhaps that's the reason?

Associate
It doesn't sound loud to me, and I use speakers rather than headphones! It's audible if the game is silent, but otherwise it's no different from my case fans. Then again, my case is on the floor rather than sitting next to me on my desk, so perhaps that's the reason?

Cheers, think I’ll wait for the AIB cards.

Soldato
Then again, my case is on the floor rather than sitting next to me on my desk, so perhaps that's the reason?

That does make a big difference I think people often forget where your case is when noise is discussed. If you have your PC on your desk level with your ears then its going to be noisy against having it on the floor tucked to one side.

Associate
That does make a big difference I think people often forget where your case is when noise is discussed. If you have your PC on your desk level with your ears then its going to be noisy against having it on the floor tucked to one side.

All of my rigs have lived on the floor, and will continue to do so! :D

V F

V F

Soldato
Can take another shot if required but my 50th Anniversary Edition arrived yesterday...yes it's mines, yes I've posted in the other thread :p yes it's a beaut!

v4GArvm.jpg

The 50th Anniversary also shows up as a Generic VGA (x1) card on 3D Mark :p

I've stuck an extra nudge on the core to 2130 as the aim, 25 extra on the RAM with the Power Limit set to +50% and the my volts down to 1166Mv, this produced a few stable runs on 3D Mark Time Spy with the best result below:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37557708?

Score: 9344
Graphics Score: 9372
CPU Score: 9189

2700X @ 4.1Ghz
2700XT @ 2050/14400

The thing doesn't get near where the aim is, but is pretty stable in the 2000Mhz area now with the lower voltage.

That's the nicest looking Radeon I've seen in a long time.

Man of Honour
OP

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Hk6Mrap.jpg

Date 14/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, bake73, Link
Date 12/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, jrodga2k5, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, docsonic, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
I'll grab a photo of mine when I pop it out the PC to do the Gamers Nexus Washer & Paste mod, either this evening or Tuesday I think.

Associate
To be fair it's nowhere near as bad as made out. To make sure I'm getting very consistent frames and no tearing with my monitor (don't have freesync) I'm set at 100hz 1440p just now and in Apex, PUBG etc it's hitting the targeted speed without the fan good by into a stupidly loud state.

Also with any in game audio on etc you don't hear it at all :). I'm pleasantly surprised by it considering the bad rep the blower had been getting, at least it isn't like the ones of yesteryear.

Thanks for this, I am on the fence with getting this card and Apex Legends and PUBG are my most played games.

Back
Top Bottom