Wife wants music streaming in the kitchen: Sonos One the obvious choice?

Associate
Just incase no one else has mentioned it, for DAB radio on the sonos just add (if it isn't already there) tunein radio, its free and lets you store radio stations.

Can even set it to turn on when you get home with IFTTT, i've had limited success with this but that could be because I live in a block of flats and drive past them before getting physically into the building and up to my flat, but I image a semi or terraced house might function better, I'ts nice to come home to some music playing so it feels less 'quiet'.

Also... WHYYYYYYYYYY can't sonos add BBC iplayer radio to their bill!

There is a workaround which means if you have a Sonos attached to your smart TV, you can cast the iplayer to the tv, which automatically plays through the sonos , then you can reassign where that is playing i.e in another room if desired, only downside is having to have TV turned on.

Soldato
I have a Google home in the kitchen, I use it all the time, I never thought I would either.

Its great to just ask it to play a specific radio station or an album / track / playlist from Spotify. You can also just as easily cast your own music to it or connect to it as a Bluetooth speaker. I think it'll cover all of your bases. There are more expensive speakers out there that do sound better, but for £50, you can't go too wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom