Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro BIOS resetting

Associate
As the title says I've just got this board and the BIOS keeps resetting.

When I go into the BIOS I am given this message:
"Clear CMOS Information
BIOS has been reset. Please re-config your BIOS setup items if needed"

This is happening when I restart the PC or shut it down and power it back up then go into the BIOS, without removing the power cable.

I've updated to the F4F BIOS, which I installed using Q Flash from the BIOS via a USB Stick.
Unplugged from mains then held power button down for 30 seconds then
Reset CMOS jumper by touching a screwdriver across the jumper contacts
Removed CMOS battery for ~5 minutes
Replaced CMOS battery with known working battery from previous motherboard

However I am still get the BIOS has been reset message, which is preventing me from enabling XMP.

Any ideas?

Associate
I'm having the same issue but with the Gigabyte x570 Gaming X board.

Bios resets every shutdown/restart preventing me from using the XMP profile.

I havn't tried updating the bios though. I'll give that a try and report back.

Associate
OP
Ok I've just done a bit more fiddling. I noticed when doing anything in the BIOS, including just going into it and restarting caused an insanely long boot time(timed with a stopwatch at around 1 minute 30, to Windows login screen from a 970 NVME SSD) it gave the impression my PC is failing to POST a couple of times

The motherboard manual says "For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in the DDR4_A2 and DDR4_B2 sockets." so I tried the other 2 sockets as a test and it's doing the same thing - i.e. not saving the setting and giving the Bios has been reset message when entering it.

What has fixed the issue is to not enable XMP under the simple mode and instead enable XMP Profile 1 in the advanced mode. My PC now boots into Windows reasonably fast and running "wmic memorychip get speed" from a command prompt now reports 3200 as opposed to 2400. I've then put the RAM back in the recommended slots and it's retaining the XMP setting and not giving me the Bios has been reset message. What is strange is how I had horrible boot times even just entering the BIOS to check settings and exiting without saving, since changing to XMP Profile 1 in Advanced mode this issue is cleared.

Unless for some reason you aren't allowed to change XMP settings under simple mode I suspect Gigabyte needs to look at fixing this.

For reference my RAM is an 8Pack 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit

Hopefully this helps anyone else who also experiences this issue.

Caporegime
Ok I've just done a bit more fiddling. I noticed when doing anything in the BIOS, including just going into it and restarting caused an insanely long boot time(timed with a stopwatch at around 1 minute 30, to Windows login screen from a 970 NVME SSD) it gave the impression my PC is failing to POST a couple of times

The motherboard manual says "For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in the DDR4_A2 and DDR4_B2 sockets." so I tried the other 2 sockets as a test and it's doing the same thing - i.e. not saving the setting and giving the Bios has been reset message when entering it.

What has fixed the issue is to not enable XMP under the simple mode and instead enable XMP Profile 1 in the advanced mode. My PC now boots into Windows reasonably fast and running "wmic memorychip get speed" from a command prompt now reports 3200 as opposed to 2400. I've then put the RAM back in the recommended slots and it's retaining the XMP setting and not giving me the Bios has been reset message. What is strange is how I had horrible boot times even just entering the BIOS to check settings and exiting without saving, since changing to XMP Profile 1 in Advanced mode this issue is cleared.

Unless for some reason you aren't allowed to change XMP settings under simple mode I suspect Gigabyte needs to look at fixing this.

For reference my RAM is an 8Pack 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit

Hopefully this helps anyone else who also experiences this issue.

This is good to know, as thinking of getting this board too, so thanks :p

EDIT:

How is the board, now that you've solved the issue btw ?

Associate
OP
The motherboard seems fine apart from that, pretty well made but I never really bother with any custom settings to comment on that side of things. The mouse cursor is depressingly slow in the BIOS though.

Associate
HI there i am looking a the ultra version asi have always bought Asus boards but they seem very expensive other other boards so going to give this one a try but would like to know what is the fan sounds like on the motherboard, can you hear it at all and does it spin much ? did you post the problem to gigabyte.
thanks

Associate
OP
I've switched the motherboard fan to silent mode in the BIOS, but turns out I couldn't hear it anyway. Unlike the case/CPU fans.

Unlike my previous 6600k build(which was close to silent outside of games) the fans are nearly constantly running, but I've changed too many things to narrow down the cause just yet. Will see when the bracket for my Noctua DH14 arrives how much of a difference it makes. Either I have a noisy fan setup, I need to tweak my fan settings or the 3700X just runs considerably hotter.

Associate
I'm having exactly same problem.
XMP is work fine but if I OC ram even a littlebit like from 3200 to 3400.
and turn off the pc plug off the next boot will take very long and boot into bios reset just like what you said.If not poweroff it still remember the settings.
The only things that work is default XMP that will not cause bios reset.

Soldato
HI there i am looking a the ultra version asi have always bought Asus boards but they seem very expensive other other boards so going to give this one a try but would like to know what is the fan sounds like on the motherboard, can you hear it at all and does it spin much ? did you post the problem to gigabyte.
thanks

make sure latest bios 1.0.0.3AB is installed, think gigabyte were one of the first to roll this out . also sorts out dual core boost speed as well

I'm having exactly same problem.
XMP is work fine but if I OC ram even a littlebit like from 3200 to 3400.
and turn off the pc plug off the next boot will take very long and boot into bios reset just like what you said.If not poweroff it still remember the settings.
The only things that work is default XMP that will not cause bios reset.

not all ram can be overclocked . what ram modules are you using ? Samsung B-die or Micron E?

and ALWAYS use advanced mode ! if your overclocking or changing anything advanced mode - only use easy mode for stat checking personally

Associate
not all ram can be overclocked . what ram modules are you using ? Samsung B-die or Micron E?
It is Samsung not sure B die or not
I could oc and run memtest for a couple hours using it all day without any error or boot as many times as I want without mobo completely turn off
the problems will only happen after cold boot when mother board complete turn off without any power it will boot into bios reset which I do not understand why
the symptoms is almost exactly like when CMOS battery is runout but this only happen when I touch the ram settings

Soldato
I could oc and run memtest for a couple hours using it all day without any error or boot as many times as I want without mobo completely turn off
the problems will only happen after cold boot when mother board complete turn off without any power it will boot into bios reset which I do not understand why
the symptoms is almost exactly like when CMOS battery is runout but this only happen when I touch the ram settings

wondering if thats memory training or not. my 2700 does that when updated the bios- less stable to had to lower ram from 3700hz to 3600hz on x470 aorus 7 .

try upping the ram voltage a little - cant remember if there was a start up voltage for ram or not - might be worth a look

Associate
make sure latest bios 1.0.0.3AB is installed, think gigabyte were one of the first to roll this out . also sorts out dual core boost speed as well
if i ever get one, lol. no case in stock, no motherboard in stock and no cpu in stock , lol

got my gfx a vega 56 sapphire and two samsung evo 860 1tb hard drives but thats as far as i have got.

Soldato
if i ever get one, lol. no case in stock, no motherboard in stock and no cpu in stock , lol

got my gfx a vega 56 sapphire and two samsung evo 860 1tb hard drives but thats as far as i have got.

aye, i posted a lot on here a month before launch stocks were low on everything and to order before reading reviews and just cancel if they didn't meet criteria

Caporegime
The motherboard seems fine apart from that, pretty well made but I never really bother with any custom settings to comment on that side of things. The mouse cursor is depressingly slow in the BIOS though.

Thanks for that, looks like i'll be grabbing a one :)

It does seem a decent board, review here from TYC :-

Review here too, from WCCF.

https://wccftech.com/review/amd-ryz...x-cpu-review-x570-aorus-pro-wifi-motherboard/

Thanks for this :)

Associate
Have you managed to solve your problem? It sounds suspiciously similar to the problem I described here: http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/7341/boot-problems-after-unplugged-elite
Maybe you can chime in as well? The more people reporting the problem, the likelier Gigabyte will investigate this.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Associate
Have you managed to solve your problem? It sounds suspiciously similar to the problem I described here: http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/7341/boot-problems-after-unplugged-elite
Maybe you can chime in as well? The more people reporting the problem, the likelier Gigabyte will investigate this.

Thanks and have a nice day!

A fter a lot of searching I think it widespread problems for Gigabyte board it also happens with previous gen.
I ended up exchange the board at the shop to Asus WS X570-ACE.And no more problem with cold boot.

Caporegime
Got mine now, and all running fine, just seems to have a weird quirk.

When i restart, or fully switch off/on after a shutdown, you know when it starts up, and the fans all go full blast, before slowing down, and then it booting ?, well mine, seems to do that twice, the fans will go full blast, slow down, then after about another second, they'll go full blast, slow down again, and then it boots, its not really a problem, just seems weird. :p

Associate
Got mine now, and all running fine, just seems to have a weird quirk.

When i restart, or fully switch off/on after a shutdown, you know when it starts up, and the fans all go full blast, before slowing down, and then it booting ?, well mine, seems to do that twice, the fans will go full blast, slow down, then after about another second, they'll go full blast, slow down again, and then it boots, its not really a problem, just seems weird. :p

Mine is doing exactly the same thing, caught me out the first time I powered it on, thought it wasn't going to boot.

Associate
Hi

I have similar problems and more on X570 Aorus Master:

1. Same problem with XMP profile (i just set timings and voltage manually).
2. When I tried option load optimised defaults board could't boot up.
3. After cold power up (I've changed CPU cooler without touching CMOS battery) BIOS lost his settings
4. I had problem but troubleshooting after 2nd problem help with it (for now) I've got few freezes in BIOS and Memtest because keyboard and mouse was in "wrong" USB ports. I had to unplug mouse and keyboard to boot up.

I'm not sure if i should keep or return this motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom