*** Control (Remedy Games) ***

Soldato
As far as I'm concerned, this was one of the best announcements from E3 - a new Remedy game! This (somewhat clichéd) blurb is taken directly from their website;
So what is Control? It is in many ways something familiar, yet new from us. It’s a supernatural third person action-adventure with a cast of memorable characters and that twisted story you expect from Sam Lake and the rest of us at Remedy. Control is also a more gameplay-driven experience that gives players a lot of options on how to approach combat by giving you some cool supernatural abilities to upgrade, as well as the transforming Service Weapon that you can customize and develop. Control is a lot less linear of an experience compared to our previous games and offers more of a sandbox for players to enjoy and plenty of secrets to find in the Oldest House. Speaking of which, the headquarters of the Federal Bureau of Control is a very cool location for our game…we can’t wait to show you more on that. Finally, our heroine Jesse is another intriguing Remedy character with a mysterious past that you will get to discover… maybe.

And the E3 trailer;

Despite a couple of overly-familiar tropes, I'm very excited for this... Remedy just make good games.

Soldato
Surprised Remedy are still pushing this style of game. Quantum Break was a complete disaster for how long in development & how much money it took to make (MS funded most of it as an Xbox 1 launch title). Control looks like the same tech & similar story. Considering QB was not much more than a reskinned Max Payne with lengthy boring FMV's this is a very strange decision by Remedy to continue the unsuccessful format instead of making a new Alan Wake :eek:

Soldato
This game is just a side story from Quantum Break changed into a full release (even uses some of the same live action video scene actors) some of the ingame locations look very much like they are taken from Quantum Break. Not sure if its Remedy trying to recoup the massive losses from Quantum Break as they also went Epic games store exclusive on PC so not going to be readily available for some time unless you want to pay £49.99 :(

Soldato
This game is just a side story from Quantum Break changed into a full release (even uses some of the same live action video scene actors) some of the ingame locations look very much like they are taken from Quantum Break. Not sure if its Remedy trying to recoup the massive losses from Quantum Break as they also went Epic games store exclusive on PC so not going to be readily available for some time unless you want to pay £49.99 :(

I just hope this time they didn't use the same crappy reconstruction technique as in QB. Only played it for the first time this week but I felt like there was a solid game lurking beneath the surface if only they had focused more on the actual game & gameplay. I somewhat enjoyed the live action part but felt like a waste mostly. It just has that B-level (at best) series feel, while the visual impression of the game is A.

They do seem to focus more on the gameplay this time, rather than the narrative, but we'll see how it pans out. Again though, I'll skip it if they use the same ****** reconstruction technique. Dealing with that blurring was fine for a short game focused on narrative (for a single playthrough), but for an "actual" game I can't stand it.

Permabanned

Ah i wonder is that where the keys go for the Nvidia promo i thought you coukd just sell them, Maybe that changed? I expect to get a 2080 soon so i will be forced to pay for Control and Youngblood.

Soldato
Ah i wonder is that where the keys go for the Nvidia promo i thought you coukd just sell them, Maybe that changed? I expect to get a 2080 soon so i will be forced to pay for Control and Youngblood.
Nvidia lock keys now I think to your PC & account.

Soldato
I just hope this time they didn't use the same crappy reconstruction technique as in QB. Only played it for the first time this week but I felt like there was a solid game lurking beneath the surface if only they had focused more on the actual game & gameplay. I somewhat enjoyed the live action part but felt like a waste mostly. It just has that B-level (at best) series feel, while the visual impression of the game is A.

They do seem to focus more on the gameplay this time, rather than the narrative, but we'll see how it pans out. Again though, I'll skip it if they use the same ****** reconstruction technique. Dealing with that blurring was fine for a short game focused on narrative (for a single playthrough), but for an "actual" game I can't stand it.
Ever since Alan Wake (which had an unlimited budget from MS to the tune of $40M then Quantum Break which also had a massive budget from MS) Remedy have not really set the gaming world on fire.

QB was ok but the reconstruction technique technically allowed impressive time FX powers but is not PC hardware friendly & only just runs on an Xbox1X so if they continue with that Remedy will struggle to survive financially & either become part of MS Xbox games studios or get sold to someone else or just disband (one of the original founders left a few years ago he had enough of the game business!).

Remedy have a lot of talented people working there but they just do not release many multiplatform games so cannot possibly survive much longer without making more games & either a new Alan Wake or some other cool gaming idea on multiplatforms.

I think though Remedy will not continue much longer they must be living on fresh air already :( All their games get lengthy delays & miss the release dates as they like to concentrate on FPS stability & reliability above all else but the big publishers are the exact opposite so without regular income streams not sure they can get by on selling a few copies of Alan Wake & Quantum Break every month :rolleyes:

Associate
Well, Control was only
$4.99 on EGS
if you know where to look

Associate
Now that my ASUS RTX 2070 Super gpu has been dispatched, I am really looking forward to playing this game, with the free offer, that came with this card.
It should have proper Ray Tracing enabled. We'll wait and see.

Soldato
Brand new footage. This seems to be with RT on @ 1080p (but 4K youtube bitrate). I'll be honest, it looks meh.

All Remedy games do not look great in videos you have to see them firsthand with your own eyes but I do agree it looks pretty average just cannot believe Remedy appear to be flushing away their remaining reputation with gamers (QB put a big dent in it). Control does not look like its going to change that much sadly.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This looks really boring and bland i will not even bother to activate the freebie from Nvidia and i can not even give it away for free sadface.
Yeah. Quantum Break was like that too. Only thing I enjoyed was the story. The gameplay was too simple and boring. Not touching this.

Back
Top Bottom