*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Oh, have you played The Messenger? Hasn't got the same difficult as Celeste but it’s still pretty fun if you fancy a side scrolling platformer with the depth of, say, ‘Shovel Knight (original)’.

I've owned it since it was 50% off on the eShop, but I got caught up in Smash Bros and now Game Pass so my backlog isn't getting touched.

If you have an XBox with Game Pass Ori is a spectacular game.

Man of Honour
I've owned it since it was 50% off on the eShop, but I got caught up in Smash Bros and now Game Pass so my backlog isn't getting touched.

If you have an XBox with Game Pass Ori is a spectacular game.
Hold on.... I’ve just cottoned on to game pass and that offer with the £1 upgrade looks amazing! Is that still working? Frantically trying to sort an Xbox account to stack up Xbox live lol

I’ll then need an Xbox, I guess....

Man of Honour
Hold on.... I’ve just cottoned on to game pass and that offer with the £1 upgrade looks amazing! Is that still working? Frantically trying to sort an Xbox account to stack up Xbox live lol

I’ll then need an Xbox, I guess....

Yes that offer is still on, but it's a one time use deal so stack up your 36 months of gold before you do it. (Edit: 12 month codes will give you 13 months if you disable auto renew and then accept to turn it on after entering the code)

It would have paid for itself already twice over if I only bought indie games (and Doom/RE4) when I was actually ready to play them.

Man of Honour
Yes that offer is still on, but it's a one time use deal so stack up your 36 months of gold before you do it. (Edit: 12 month codes will give you 13 months if you disable auto renew and then accept to turn it on after entering the code)

It would have paid for itself already twice over if I only bought indie games (and Doom/RE4) when I was actually ready to play them.
Nice - do you have to do the upgrade on the Xbox console itself? I’m a little hesitant to buy 3 years worth of Xbox live only to find that they pull the offer before I get the Xbox.

Sorry to lean on you mate but if you’re in the know a steer is much appreciated :p

Associate
Nice - do you have to do the upgrade on the Xbox console itself? I’m a little hesitant to buy 3 years worth of Xbox live only to find that they pull the offer before I get the Xbox.

Sorry to lean on you mate but if you’re in the know a steer is much appreciated :p
Ive just done this today from the office without going anywhere near my xbox. Just using cdkeys for the live subs and the website for the £1 offer.

Man of Honour

You can do it all from their web store. I wish Nintendo allowed you do do more from a browser too.

Man of Honour
Ive just done this today from the office without going anywhere near my xbox. Just using cdkeys for the live subs and the website for the £1 offer.
You can do it all from their web store. I wish Nintendo allowed you do do more from a browser too.
Thanks team, super heroes!

Edit - waiting for my CDKeys codes to arrive...

Edit 2 - ha, it worked!

Last edited:
Soldato
fire emblem is coming out soon.

i honestly think its going get 9-10s across the board given every review is just jerking it off.

for a strategy animey game, that will be amazing as they're both quite niche.

Soldato
Has anyone played Skyrim or Cities Skylines on the Switch? Just wondering how limited are these versions compared to the full PC games. Obviously mod support goes out the window for a start. Are the technical shortcomings/compromises too great to make the portability worthwhile?

Man of Honour
Has anyone played Skyrim or Cities Skylines on the Switch? Just wondering how limited are these versions compared to the full PC games. Obviously mod support goes out the window for a start. Are the technical shortcomings/compromises too great to make the portability worthwhile?

Skyrim is the full standard game with excellent performance.

Man of Honour
I’m in what surely must be the end stages of ‘the messenger’. Gawd, it’s really annoying at points. No luxury of spawning in the same room like Celeste... oh no... you go back. Never too far, but when you mess up a particularly fiddly jump manoeuvre and have to redo a section numerous times it is quite rage inducing, a lot more so than Celeste IMHO.

I agree with some criticisms that the Metroid-vania section probably isn’t quite as fun as the straight forward mindless platforming and that some enemies come up way too often (that ****ing red fireball thrower and the blue thrower, **** off!). I’m quite keen to see the ‘the end’ screen now. Still, I’ve enjoyed the journey and one late game level I just did was really fun. The good is very good and I have enjoyed how the plot has expanded too. The humour amuses me also.

The underwater caves level was the one I really liked.

I’d say it’s worth a punt but if redoing platforming sections make you wince, brace yourself :p

Back
Top Bottom