Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
I’m looking for a head torch for walking and trekking, no more than 5 hours at a time, at a budget of sub £40 if possible. I’ve seen some good reviews online for the Black Diamond headlamp but thought I would ask in here to see if there is anything I’ve not already looked at. Some online guides suggest 300 lumens to be the sort of level I’ll need but again not sure if this is correct or not.

Soldato
I have let the battery in my Truelite Midi 1w go to pot and its leaked all over the bulb assembly - I tried to clean it off but it's eaten through the back of the LED bulb unit - So can anyone tell me what the light unit is called - tried LED bulbs -Led cree units and loads of other words I thought might fit the description but no luck - I really would like a like for like unit - it's 24mm diam and 10mm high.

414229108.jpg

Soldato
My Astrolux FT3 arrived. Great flashlight for the price (£27) though I did buy 2x 30A ShockLi 5500mAh 26650 batteries too which cost £17.50 and a USB type C charge cable for £4.50. So taking it in total to £50

The Ramping UI is great but my only gripe is no easy access to strobe mode with out going into the advanced UI. Maybe a 3 second hold button press or 5x quick presses to access strobe from off would be nice. Seems very well made and nice and bright with long range, it does heat up quite fast but expected really.
Should come in useful when I go on holiday to Portugal where we stay in the hills where there are almost no street lights

Soldato
I bought the nitecore TM26 4000LM to replace my nitecore EA41 960LM. It was a bit of a extreme upgrade and I was daft with my money as it was £350:eek: The beam is amazing even on low (700lms), lovely floody light and a good size too, as I dont like small lights with tiny buttons.

Hki7Oun.jpg

Associate
I bought the nitecore TM26 4000LM to replace my nitecore EA41 960LM. It was a bit of a extreme upgrade and I was daft with my money as it was £350:eek: The beam is amazing even on low (700lms), lovely floody light and a good size too, as I dont like small lights with tiny buttons.

Had mine a few years now and use it constantly as the shape is perfect as it doesn't roll away when hands free and the tripod mount is perfect. Battery life is good as well unless you are on Turbo.

Soldato
Had mine a few years now and use it constantly as the shape is perfect as it doesn't roll away when hands free and the tripod mount is perfect. Battery life is good as well unless you are on Turbo.

The only problem with the light is the off/on button to get it to the last used power setting is totally rubbish, as I very often press the off/on button all the way down and it then takes it to turbo mode. But other then that its a excellent light.

Soldato
that thing looks massive, whats the size of it ?
The size is.....
Length 142 mm / 5.59 in
Head size 68 mm / 2.67 in

When I first saw one of these it was under £250 and I really wanted one, for the sheer insanity... then they came out with the 6,000 lumen version... then I found other, better ones. Currently considering one that does 32,000 lumens and is the size of a Coke can. It will even fit the 'flashlight' pouch on my work bag, here...

I was looking at the TM26GT version as the beam could travel further of 704m to 454m of the TM26, but after some research I found out the only reason for the longer beam distance was because the beam of the TM26GT was tighter, so not as floody as the TM26. So I went for the TM26 as I prefer a nice floody torch so it lights up a big area and also its great for powercuts, you stand it up on its tail and it lights up a medium size room no probs set at 700lms, and the runtime is excellent on 700lms.

Last edited:

Aod

Aod

Soldato
So, continuing my ongoing torch addiction, I've got a BLF FW3A on the way! Designed by German-torch-nutters, manufactured to spec by someone in China and available for a mere $40 :eek:

Supposed to be good for 2,800 Lumens in a package not much bigger than an 18650... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited!

Here's a stock-pic while I wait for the thing to arrive;
qISfmxk.png

I want it nowww!!!!11!!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom