X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI - 0d error code after BIOS update, is it borked?

Soldato
Evening All,

Currently in the process of upgrading the loop in my PC, doing other bits and thought I would update the BIOS. Everything was working fine, 8+ hour stress test in windows etc I flashed the F31 BIOS as it states on the board website it is needed before F40, I'm now stuck with this 0d error code. The system posts and displays the Aorus splash screen but then nothing, hitting del won't enter the BIOS etc

I have tried a different RAM stick, an AM4 Athlon CPU no difference. The odd thing is the 4 LEDs at the bottom of the board say VGA... does this simply mean the card has somehow died despite there being an output?

Any help would be appreciated!

Q3XdArJ.jpg

5keYoEP.jpg

Associate
Did you install the...... EC FW update Tool B19.0517.1...…. before the F40 bios ?, it is needed to be installed before going from F32 to F40 bios.(on my B450 Aorus MB)

Tried the F40 bios, made the nvme run a lot hotter so flashed back to the F32 bios.

1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40
2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU

Last edited:
Soldato
Switch over to the backup bios ?

Looking at the 2 switches id say he's already on the backup bios......is there a reason you're doing this ? both switches are set to position 2, if I remember right that means you are using the 2nd bios (backup bios) but also have the board set to use both bioses, switch the bios switch to position 1 (main bios) you can leave the other switch at 2 if you like so the board can jump to the backup bios should the main one fail, if you have flashed the board with the switches in this position then you have flashed the backup bios.

The switch labelled SB is single bios mode or dual bios mode - currently you are in dual bios mode

The switch labelled Bios_SW (bios switch) is 1 the main bios, 2 the backup bios, you are currently using the backup bios.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at the 2 switches id say he's already on the backup bios......is there a reason you're doing this ? both switches are set to position 2, if I remember right that means you are using the 2nd bios (backup bios) but also have the board set to use both bioses, switch the bios switch to position 1 (main bios) you can leave the other switch at 2 if you like so the board can jump to the backup bios should the main one fail, if you have flashed the board with the switches in this position then you have flashed the backup bios.

The switch labelled SB is single bios mode or dual bios mode - currently you are in dual bios mode

The switch labelled Bios_SW (bios switch) is 1 the main bios, 2 the backup bios, you are currently using the backup bios.

I didn't really look that closely at the picture, but yes it does look like it is on pos 2 :) Assuming the main bios isn't corrupt (Hence him using the backup) then he can just change back to that. If he does still have issues then the Gigabyte rep can hopefully assist.

Similar issue in the link below was solved by flicking the switch whilst the pc was on and reflashing. Not sure if it will work for the op if he can't boot from the backup though.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gigabyte-uefi-dualbios-dont-boot-with-main-bios.3363095/

Soldato
OP
Did you install the...... EC FW update Tool B19.0517.1...…. before the F40 bios ?, it is needed to be installed before going from F32 to F40 bios.(on my B450 Aorus MB)

Tried the F40 bios, made the nvme run a lot hotter so flashed back to the F32 bios.

1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40
2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU

Yeah I ran the EC FW update tool before hand, no issues after that.

I didn't really look that closely at the picture, but yes it does look like it is on pos 2 :) Assuming the main bios isn't corrupt (Hence him using the backup) then he can just change back to that. If he does still have issues then the Gigabyte rep can hopefully assist.

Similar issue in the link below was solved by flicking the switch whilst the pc was on and reflashing. Not sure if it will work for the op if he can't boot from the backup though.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gigabyte-uefi-dualbios-dont-boot-with-main-bios.3363095/

With the BIOS switch in either position it's giving me the same error, I can't access the BIOS to confirm which version is loading, I've tried all sorts of methods that I found online to try and reflash to fix it but to no avail.

I've since tried the components on a different motherboard and all are working fine.

Who is the Gigabyte rep?

Soldato
Yeah I ran the EC FW update tool before hand, no issues after that.

With the BIOS switch in either position it's giving me the same error, I can't access the BIOS to confirm which version is loading, I've tried all sorts of methods that I found online to try and reflash to fix it but to no avail.

I've since tried the components on a different motherboard and all are working fine.

Who is the Gigabyte rep?

The Gigabyte rep as mentioned above should hopefully be able to get it reflashed if you can't sort it yourself. The board will still be under warranty as well so no issue in that regard.

Soldato
OP
@GIGA-Man

Good luck, sure he will sort it for you

The Gigabyte rep as mentioned above should hopefully be able to get it reflashed if you can't sort it yourself. The board will still be under warranty as well so no issue in that regard.

Thanks guys, I've tried the board with a different GPU just to rule that out seen as the LED is lit but just the same, Aorus splash screen and nothing else follows.

Associate
That's strange, if the BIOS is totally gone it should not even post. I can get the board back and update both the BIOS and send it back. I'm at Computex currently so there is a 7 hour time differance, reply and let me know what you want.

Soldato
Just one other thing I've noticed is it's getting stuck in the VGA led, do you have all your leads plugged into the graphics card correctly ? Even one that may of worked it's way loose, it might even be worth trying a different HDMI or dispay port cable whichever one you're using, so much as the cable not being plugged into my gpu causes it to freeze of the VGA led, you can also try your graphics card in one of the other x16 slots.

Associate
I have the same board and I flashed f31 (without EC as its for f40).

Guess what? I am greated with the Aorus logo... And nothing more. The debug segments display on the board also stay stuck at 0d.

Will continue to look tomorrow morning before work (it's also my work machine...)

Soldato
OP
I have the same board and I flashed f31 (without EC as its for f40).

Guess what? I am greated with the Aorus logo... And nothing more. The debug segments display on the board also stay stuck at 0d.

Will continue to look tomorrow morning before work (it's also my work machine...)

Did you manage to flash these in the end?

I've picked up a 3700X so need to update the BIOS but its just throwing the same problems as before, 0d error and won't proceed. F8 BIOS works fine...

Associate
Did you manage to flash these in the end?

I've picked up a 3700X so need to update the BIOS but its just throwing the same problems as before, 0d error and won't proceed. F8 BIOS works fine...

No, I did not retry yet. I have to thru as I plan to get a 3950X in september. That's why I did try in the first place.

I did read others report about that error and one of the "solution" is to remove the NVMe drive while flashing F31 and for the next reboot then putting the drive back in after.
I don't know how that could resolve the issue but it is what I will try.... this weekend!

Soldato
OP
No, I did not retry yet. I have to thru as I plan to get a 3950X in september. That's why I did try in the first place.

I did read others report about that error and one of the "solution" is to remove the NVMe drive while flashing F31 and for the next reboot then putting the drive back in after.
I don't know how that could resolve the issue but it is what I will try.... this weekend!

Interesting, worth a shot I suppose!

Edit : Yep, removing the m.2 fixed the issue. Flashed to F41 running the 3700X now no problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom