Huddys interview Guide

Soldato
So recently been made redundant so going to be preparing for interviews, thanks for this thread Huddy.

Haven't had a proper interview in over 12 years so actually dreading it!

Hopefully I find a job quickly but I have a holiday booked for May, would you bring this up in the interview at any point?

Nope, only bring it up if they ask.

Soldato
I've had quite a few telephone interviews over the last 2 weeks and now have 3 face to face/final stage interviews next week. This has been useful as I haven't done this for quite a few years now. I'm usually pretty good with interviews but this was great refresher to get me thinking about answers to questions i could be hearing!

Soldato
I've had quite a few telephone interviews over the last 2 weeks and now have 3 face to face/final stage interviews next week. This has been useful as I haven't done this for quite a few years now. I'm usually pretty good with interviews but this was great refresher to get me thinking about answers to questions i could be hearing!

Good luck, it's amazing how much better you get with practice. When i got this job i'd had quite a few interviews to find the right thing and so had really perfected my answers, making sure examples were different (even between 1st and 2nd interviews where the same questions can be repeated by new interviewers so that the original interviewer wasn't listening to the same thing again).

However i went for an interview last November and came out of it feeling i'd been useless, just worded things badly and got a bit flustered. Luckily got invited back for a second interview and was much more composed.

Soldato
I've been watching a lot of higher level interview techniques for more senior roles recently. I found this guy exceptionally good and worth having watch regardless:

What's good is he got a modern way of coming across in the interviews vs some more people that have older approaches and a sales style sell yourself.

Soldato
Thanks, I will check these out as Im back looking for a new job. Had plenty of interviews but not getting very far.

Maybe you should get some interview training, it might be helpful to have an experienced colleague or friend do a mock interview with you. Get some feedback.

Back
Top Bottom