ASUS X570-PLUS TUF anyone? Very limited real-world info.

Associate
Hello.
Yes i have seen a buildzoid video and he mentioned overkill VRM, the general feature set i already have checked and it looks good enough for me but i wonder of there are major bugs in ASUS x570 iteration of motherboards? Also i would like to know if ASUS allows at least some sort of chipset fan control, i know gigabyte released an updated with silent profile. Have ASUS made similar changes already?
The TUF is the only one i can currently get within my budget limitations, there are reasons i would like to avoid b450\x470 boards. Thank you.

Associate
I have been using the X570 TUF wifi version since 9/7/2019. I have no major complaints at the moment in terms of bugs so far.

Its running a Ryzen 3600 with stock cooler and 3000 mhz CL16 RAM (with D.O.C.P)

Things of note so far:

1. Generally plug and play without updating anything
2. Wifi and bluetooth works fine so far
3. I haven't had any controls for the chipset fan controls, but it seems to be quieter than any of the case fans
4. It has some RGB lighting which is kind of neat- lost on me!
5. Does not have the old Q-connect that Asus bundles for the front panel headers which makes plugging in slightly fiddly
6. Only two SATA cables included in the limited accessories box
7. There are LEDs that can light up for boot sequence helping with diagnostics if you don't have a Mobo Speaker
8. Asus 'crate' will install itself unless disabled in the bios

Happy to answer any further questions and perhaps someone can make this an official thread since there is limited discussion in real world.

Associate
OP
I have been using the X570 TUF wifi version since 9/7/2019. I have no major complaints at the moment in terms of bugs so far.

Things of note so far:

3. I haven't had any controls for the chipset fan controls, but it seems to be quieter than any of the case fans
5. Does not have the old Q-connect that Asus bundles for the front panel headers which makes plugging in slightly fiddly
7. There are LEDs that can light up for boot sequence helping with diagnostics if you don't have a Mobo Speaker

Happy to answer any further questions and perhaps someone can make this an official thread since there is limited discussion in real world.
Thank you for your answer, but i gave it some thought and went with b450 board, msi carbon ac that is. At the end could not find a good reason to pay almost twice as much for motherboard, might as well go for intel at that point.

Associate
OP
tell me how you get on with the MSI carbon ac B450 as I have my eye on that.
Oh, it should only arrive next month. I am in no hurry.
But the word is MSI ryzen 3xxx support for b450 boards is far from ideal, if you look on MSI_gaming subreddit or their official forums you will see a lot of people complaining, problems with booting or failure to POST.
MSI reps said the stable bios should arrive by the end of the july, if it's true and i can see positive reports i will definitely not cancel the order.

Associate
Oh, it should only arrive next month. I am in no hurry.
But the word is MSI ryzen 3xxx support for b450 boards is far from ideal, if you look on MSI_gaming subreddit or their official forums you will see a lot of people complaining, problems with booting or failure to POST.
MSI reps said the stable bios should arrive by the end of the july, if it's true and i can see positive reports i will definitely not cancel the order.
but X570 should be OK?

Associate
Updated BIOS is out for the WIFI version - 0807 so now the wifi and non wifi bios are aligned. I'm still on the beta bios 7010 and dont have any issues just yet so i'll hold off updating my bios for a bit.

Associate
Updated BIOS is out for the WIFI version - 0807 so now the wifi and non wifi bios are aligned. I'm still on the beta bios 7010 and dont have any issues just yet so i'll hold off updating my bios for a bit.
Any major changes with the 0807 bios ? The pc is fine with the beta one so I’m not sure if I should update either!

Associate
I think in that case I will leave it. What configuration have you gone for with this motherboard? Any m.2 drives ?

No, just a bucket load of SSDs, a 3600 and some of that e-die Ballistix 3200 ram with my 1070. I havent bothered trying to overclock anything... in my old age I cant be bothered tinkering. Once some better guides are out, i'll give it a go. I'm thinking I probably should have waited for the MAX boards but got impatient.

Associate

Things of note so far:

Sorry to drag up an oldish post, but, how you finding this board now? Still running fine with the latest BIOS etc?

Associate
I have been using the non-wifi version of this for a few months now.

Very happy with my purchase to be honest. It just works, gets frequent bios update and I have no complaints at all.

No news is usually good news when it comes to ASUS!

Associate
I have been using the non-wifi version of this for a few months now.

Very happy with my purchase to be honest. It just works, gets frequent bios update and I have no complaints at all.

No news is usually good news when it comes to ASUS!

What's the onboard chipset fan like? I've noticed it's right underneath the GPU.

Back
Top Bottom