It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
Got some fairly substantial predictions for lightning from around 10 tonight where I am.

EDIT: Thursday has potential for some pretty spectacular lightning across the East and South East.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you think it's fun keeping yourself cool on days like this, try keeping an anxious, fidgety old lady with dementia cool. Apparently I'm not allowed to throw her in the bath with a load of ice cubes; something about duty of care. I can't even persuade her to take her cardigan off! At this rate I may have to accidentally bump into her with a glass of water and wet the sleeve so it has to come off for drying. Dementia turns you into a bit of a scheming git, by necessity.

Life is full of challenges. On the plus side, I've filled the freezer with ice cream cones that she'll usually eat. I'm not a fan of air conditioning units, but it doesn't take many days like this to upset our apple cart and I may have to reconsider. Not this week though, I imagine it's going to be a good week for anyone in the cooling trade. I'll stick to my best Fonzie impersonation and see if I can get the thermometer down that way.

Associate
Models tend to undercook temps as shown today parts have hit 33c and here in Crewe its +2c up from the forecast.

I won't go as far as saying the NW UKV will be correct but i suspect those who monitor mainstream forecasts can add a few Celsius onto the actual temperature.

Soldato
pretty perfect down here ,nice breeze in Perranporth ,we have even got a decemt period swell so had a nice bodyboard when i got back to holywell ,living the dream

IMG-20190723-103141.jpg

Soldato
So glad i got AC installed in building new kitchen / dining area. Not completely finished but this beast cools a massive area. Its a pretty hefty unit, 24000 BTU Fujitsu unit, no visible pipes. external unit is on the roof on the extension, not visible from the ground level. Cost approx £1250 for the unit and about £500 for installation. Deffo worth it for the summer heat, especially with kids

dnRatpu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
So glad i got AC installed in building new kitchen / dining area. Not completely finished but this beast cools a massive area. Its a pretty hefty unit, 24000 BTU Fujitsu unit, no visible pipes. external unit is on the roof on the extension, not visible from the ground level. Cost approx £1250 for the unit and about £500 for installation. Deffo worth it for the summer heat, especially with kids

dnRatpu.jpg

Wow what a beautiful kitchen :)

Back
Top Bottom