• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any good news for the Ryzen 3600 or better to go for Ryzen 2600-2700?

Associate
Originally I had planned to go for the Ryzen 2600x or 2700, before the 3600 came out and now with all the issues going on for the 3600 I find myself looking again at the older cpu's. With all of the problems being mentioned, is there anybody here who has had a good experience with the 3600 or have a good reason to stay with the 3600 over the older chips?

ty

Caporegime
budget and what you do with your pc would be the real question. right now id choose a cheap 2600 for 100 quid or go proper 8 core. which would be a 3700x. unless you can get a cheap 2700 deal. if you doing the amd route.

so cheap 3200 ram
450 board ( new max versiona will be out this week or next )
then cpu choice.

Associate
OP
I have my 1500x running for games (which is fine) and plan to hand this sytem to my son (he needs a system for uni) and go for something better, so ty for the info and I'll be looking at both the 3600 and 3700x.

ty

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
MSI B450i Gaming AC (ITX) and 3600 working great here with 2 x 16gb corsair 3333mhz b-die @ 3733 16-16-16-1T at default volts. Older beta bios is faster but cant force 1:1 memory and infinity fabric above 3600mhz and has the M.2 port stuck at 2x speed. If you get this exact board you will need an old ryzen to flash the bios, it has no bios flashback function. I persuaded a friend with an old gen cpu to flash it for me initially.

MSI boards using the Lite interface only lack 2 crucial functions - OC recovery (it does recover but by clearing cmos for you) and theres no way to save a bios profile which combines with the first problem to make pushing a memory overclock frustrating. Other than that I have no complaints. Its important to remember these are cheap older generation boards, so putting up with the odd annoyance can be expected.

I would honestly wait for the MAX boards to start arriving over the next couple of weeks. They'll have out of the box ryzen 3000 support with the full fat click bios and no worries about future cpu support issues. If you cant wait that long though I wouldn't rule out a ryzen 3000 on an older gen board because some people on the internet have issues. As long as you pick a board with a final release bios (not beta) supporting ryzen 3000 youll get tech support and ultimately an RMA if it comes to that. Nothing to lose!

Associate
Just dont go for the MSI board now.

No other issues with the 3600 and yes it would be foolish to buy the 2600X when the 3600 performs better.

For a 6 core processor any B450 board with a half decent vrm and a case fan will do the job just fine. Get the Asrock B450 Pro4 or the Steel Legend.

Back
Top Bottom