Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Transmission breaker
Don
I refuse to tidy, and I have not sorted out the cable management behind the main monitors, but this is mine with my new corner desk.
desktopnew.jpg

Soldato
Hanging off an Invision monitor arm on the filing cabinet :)
That's a proper work-space - organised clutter. I bet you can lay your hands on anything you need.

If you're like me, and live with a wife/partner/politically-correct-noun - do you occasionally come home and find all your meticulously placed odds 'n' sods suddenly moved into places that, 'apparently', they were designed for - so you can no longer find anything?

Transmission breaker
Don
That's a proper work-space - organised clutter. I bet you can lay your hands on anything you need.

If you're like me, and live with a wife/partner/politically-correct-noun - do you occasionally come home and find all your meticulously placed odds 'n' sods suddenly moved into places that, 'apparently', they were designed for - so you can no longer find anything?

Indeed, I know where everything is :)

The closest i come to the Mrs moving anything is when she places any parcels that arrive for me on the desk :D She has no interest in moving anything in here!!

Soldato
The closest i come to the Mrs moving anything is when she places any parcels that arrive for me on the desk :D She has no interest in moving anything in here!!
Then you clearly have never experienced the unexpected joy of coming home and seeing all your panels all spangly and lemony clean - smeared with Mr Sheen (Yep, sounds gross on re-reading.).

To be fair to my well meaning wife, this was years ago - but happened when we were all paranoid about flat screened panels. Warm water and lint free cloth did the job - but was terrified at the time that Mr Sheen's ingredients would have eaten the protective coating.

*i don't write for Viz - regardless of poor choice of sentence structure... :)

Transmission breaker
Don
My absolute vision of hell.

Could this not be better managed with better, fewer, larger displays and a KVM switch?

Why are the curtains seemingly hanging a foot inside the room?!

The extreme left is a single screen testing station, the far right is a dual screen testing station. The hardware in use there gets changed frequently.

The 6 screen unit is either all 6 on my home PC or I can split it from the remote on the desk to allow me to split them between the laptop using the left 2 and leave 4 on my PC. Depending if I am working or not.

There is a KVM to jump between the laptop and PC.

The curtains are against the wall, I just had them pulled back at the end to let me get access to the cables more easily. There is a large full length window sill behind them which may make it look odd.

I am considering moving to 3 newer monitors but until these die, it seems a pointless expense, and with the USB monitor control of the middle 6 it's hard to find anything else that can be as flexible!

Soldato
It may need a few tweeks but I like it. Nice to see something a little different.

Cheers, I didn't have a say in it really, it's what the missus wanted!

We made it ourselves as well, three lengths of scaffold board cut, then sanded and oiled/waxed. The drawers and trestle are from IKEA.

The shelves above are just a single length of scaffold board cut to size.

Back
Top Bottom