The Tesla Thread

nam

nam

Soldato
so you pay extra for blue or red? where is the residual cost increase in that? makes no sense .

although I have nothing revised in email from OctopusEV yet, I have on order a p- in blue and want to switch to a p+ , but have to pay extra I assume now ??

madness , will need to speak to the director of OctopusEV on Monday :rolleyes:

Just had confirmation that providing the model is the same ie you keep with a Performance but want a different colour, then the excess mileage stays the same with OctopusEV. If you change to a different model, then the excess will be higher.

I’ve changed mine to full performance in black from the P- originally ordered and no increase in excess mileage charge.

Associate
You pay extra for every colour other than white now. The car is cheaper and if you already ordered blue in P- then the chances are it will be exactly the same price.

It would have been the same price if I’d have changed mine to P+ in white but black is now an extra so I had to pay extra for the black

nam

nam

Soldato
So i assume that you have to tell Tesla to change your order and then you get a new order number and the whole wait process starts again :rolleyes:

You pay extra for every colour other than white now. The car is cheaper and if you already ordered blue in P- then the chances are it will be exactly the same price.

It would have been the same price if I’d have changed mine to P+ in white but black is now an extra so I had to pay extra for the black

nam

nam

Soldato
Spoke to OctopusEV , my existing Blue P- going to Blue P+ , has no change on pricing . So i am happy with that. Just waiting for the paperwork now :) :)

Associate
Spoke to OctopusEV , my existing Blue P- going to Blue P+ , has no change on pricing . So i am happy with that. Just waiting for the paperwork now :) :)
That’s pretty much what I was trying to explain yesterday that the likelihood was you wouldn’t be paying any more. Mine is slightly more as I’ve gone from the free paint option (Black) to the now extra option (still black). Much more car for the money

Soldato
Octopus EV come back to me today with my updated pricing:

£410 per month + £3,690 (9 + 35) at 10,000 per annum over three years for a SR+ in blue.

Saved myself £17 a month and £150 deposit - thanks Tesla! Would have gone for white but already have a VIN. Still, £745 is better than nothing!

Soldato
That’s pretty much what I was trying to explain yesterday that the likelihood was you wouldn’t be paying any more. Mine is slightly more as I’ve gone from the free paint option (Black) to the now extra option (still black). Much more car for the money

Care to share your quote? How is PCH comparing to PCP so far?

Soldato
Which are you referring to?

ChargeEV allows you to set the target end time and it will start charging based on that. I'll be using TeslaFi to automate my charging in line with the discount I get from my energy provider.

The ChargedEV smart charger. I have no first hand experience other than the call I had with their support/sales people. There was key functionality that is still on 'the roadmap', including the ability to turn it off from the app, which I thought would be very useful. They didn't have a proposed date for its inclusion when i spoke to them. She also said flipping the fuse was 'ok if you're going on holiday, but not really on a day to day basis', whatever that means. My other issue was that it needs a LAN connection, so another cable to route somewhere internally. This is because "Wireless can be hacked and then the hacker can get onto the national grid". Sounded a bit half baked to me, if the charger is on the outside of your house, its not a stretch to pull the unit apart and get to the LAN connection. I then dug around a bit and read reviews where people reported that the smart functionality was pretty half baked, the stats on it were wrong etc. Again, some of this is second hand info so take it for what you will. This is why I was saying read the reviews and form an oppinion for yourself. In the end I went with a reputable local sparky who are installing the Rolec Smart Charger. It has a built in Sim card so doesn't need a connection to your WIFI or Lan, which is a good thing given that many of these devices are unlikely to be amazing from a security perspective. It also allows you to turn it off remotely. Anyway, thought it was worth a mention. They are certainly quite cheap at first glance.

Soldato
In the end I went with a reputable local sparky who are installing the Rolec Smart Charger. It has a built in Sim card so doesn't need a connection to your WIFI or Lan, which is a good thing given that many of these devices are unlikely to be amazing from a security perspective. It also allows you to turn it off remotely. Anyway, thought it was worth a mention. They are certainly quite cheap at first glance.

My first point of call was Rolec's dumb charger but been hearing historic issues with the RCD. Think it is fixed now though.

ChargedEV does have a sim slot in it, it just isn't used. I don't really want the "smart" features as the car can do it all anyway so really just wanted the cheapest reliable unit.

Soldato
My first point of call was Rolec's dumb charger but been hearing historic issues with the RCD. Think it is fixed now though.

ChargedEV does have a sim slot in it, it just isn't used. I don't really want the "smart" features as the car can do it all anyway so really just wanted the cheapest reliable unit.

I would have been happy enough with a dumb one that could reliably be turned off when I go away, but the grant now requires the smart features sadly. Doubt they will be able to detect that you havent got it connected any time soon though.

Soldato

I would say historic as they changed the part and mines been fine for 10 months.

My current i3 charging options are basically set a time window to charge and if it's at least 3 hrs before departure then the battery can be pre-conditioned which is handy in winter. No percentage settings.

If I had to go smart then I'd probably go with the EO Mini Smart Home as it's more discreet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Octopus EV come back to me today with my updated pricing:

£410 per month + £3,690 (9 + 35) at 10,000 per annum over three years for a SR+ in blue.

Saved myself £17 a month and £150 deposit - thanks Tesla! Would have gone for white but already have a VIN. Still, £745 is better than nothing!

So this basically the quote I'm waiting on myself. I'm thinking of the Full self-driving as I've read it's probably just going to go up from now on as they add features but I also can't think where I'd use most of the features just commuting back forth most of the time!

At least I have the i3 to trade and it appears to have held it's value well.

Associate
Having 81k on my tesla P85D now and have to say its been perfect from the start, fantastic car and as smooth as the day I got it. friend of mine has purchased a model 3 and hopes to pick it up next month.
I would never go back to a gas burner now.

Electric is the way forward.

Soldato
Had a sit in one at Silverstone yesterday, very impressed. Don't see where all the build quality hate comes from? It felt good to me, easily on par with BMW and way ahead of Jaguar. Maybe not Audi/Merc inside but it's more than sufficient. My biggest complaint is how boring the P model looks, they really needed to give it just a smidge more attitude imo.

Soldato
So Octopus EV aren't quoting at the mo "Due to price and specification changes" so that's one option out. At least that's the email I received today.

Does anyone have a good idea of how long a delivery may take from an order now? I'd consider the Tesla trade in option but getting a firm price lined up with a hand over date just seems to be asking for more complication.

Soldato
Had a sit in one at Silverstone yesterday, very impressed. Don't see where all the build quality hate comes from?
Silverstone group would probably have been the Tesla Owners Group UK, they were doing lots of chauffeuring around. The build quality hate usually comes from people who haven't been in one or took a very quick look through a window. Granted, some of the early cars weren't so good but things have changed a lot since then.

Back
Top Bottom