Lightroom Alternative?

Soldato
Hi,

Are there any good Lightroom alternatives out there?
I've been playing £20 a month for an app I rarely us, even going to cancel my sub Adobe want to charge me a 50% cancellation fee of £80 :mad:
I can’t believe what I’m seeing - Adobe is a large, well respected company. This type of scammy, bleed-them-dry deceptive fees are unbelievable from such a company.

Soldato
Luminar is a decent one, though I found that you need a good spec machine to run it smoothly.

To be honest there are many worthy alternatives. A quick Google will return you many results. Though our fellow members will surely recommend what they use.

Soldato
Hi,

I've been playing £20 a month for an app I rarely us, even going to cancel my sub Adobe want to charge me a 50% cancellation fee of £80 :mad:
I can’t believe what I’m seeing - Adobe is a large, well respected company. This type of scammy, bleed-them-dry deceptive fees are unbelievable from such a company.

PayPal? Just unsubscribe through PayPal, that's what I did.

Soldato
Hi,

I cancelled my Adobe sub last month, and they gave me two months free subscription!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
on1 Raw 2019 is pretty decent, and only cost $80. You also have Capture One, they have specific versions (Fuji, Sony, etc) that are £109. Both have trials so you can test them out.

I prefer on1 out the 2 and would switch, but they only support Fuji film simulations for the latest cameras and I use them a lot.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Watching this thread as I'll be cancelling my Adobe sub next month before it renews for another year, just not using it enough to justify the cost.

Soldato
Currently using a mixture of darktable and rawtherapee, trying to figure out which I prefer.

I like darktable but rawtherapee is a lot more powerful, I'm fully moving other to linux in the new year as get sick of windows

Soldato
My friend just picked up DXO Photolab on offer. The Prime noise reduction (for RAW) is class leading. Also check out Capture One.
The rental model by Adobe is master stroke for them.

Soldato
As much as I dislike the subscription model of Lightroom/Photoshop, I've yet to find a pair of tools that works as well as those two do.
And here in lies the problem. I can switch seamlessly between the two editing one photo and finding a replacement for that kind of workflow is not as easy as I'd like.

Back
Top Bottom