• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
AMD are really missing a trick here by not having their own tool to calculate memory timings.

Still very impressive work by 1usmus on his dram calculator.

It's still only useful as a guide though. AMD would get some flack if they released something like this as people would expect much better.

Always worth stating with his calculator and then tuning it yourself from there.

Permabanned
AMD are really missing a trick here by not having their own tool to calculate memory timings.

Still very impressive work by 1usmus on his dram calculator.
Yuri is a genious I was working with my timings going by hes article mostly so far ill have play with calculator after work so far amanaged to cut my timings down to this
d54e8d34f1408117884c4193c765b1b5676acce8.jpeg

Still using 1.4 volt on ddr

Soldato
Yuri is a genious I was working with my timings going by hes article mostly so far ill have play with calculator after work so far amanaged to cut my timings down to this
d54e8d34f1408117884c4193c765b1b5676acce8.jpeg

Still using 1.4 volt on ddr
Not going to lie, I have no idea what any of that means :confused:
Must educate myself

Permabanned
Quite jealous of you guys on the AMD with such cool memory utilities. Not much on the intel side...
Its more of an Starting point calculator hehehee personally for my timings I got 7 versions of calculator and testing Mix of timings to get ones I want. As New versions of it only can use Preset's of mem kits like B die V1 for beter binned and V2 for worse binned Samsung Bdie. And there are limitations of presets on V2 and on Dbug mode that is using timings going off thaipoon burner xmp readout of actual memory kit.
I atm I'm on mix of timings from version 1.0 beta3 + 1.4 to get my cl16 I want to use.

Only using 16/17/16 instead of full 16/16/16 as its not faster i still got Loads to work with. And now can check settings from new calculator.
From what I noticed new versions work better with Gskill kits than teamgroup on calculator side.

Soldato
Quite jealous of you guys on the AMD with such cool memory utilities. Not much on the intel side...
I used it to help with my timings on my intel rig.

In the intel community most active users tend to be extreme overclockers, the lower level people so to speak have mostly moved over to ryzen in my view.

Associate
Doesn't let you change it in bios, that I can see.

I am sure this has been talked about before but can't find it. In cpuz at idle my 3600X peaks at 1.45 core VID. Seems a bit hight. Thoughts please?? All stock!

Its not that easy with Ryzen since it has inbuilt magic that does it all for you out of the box. All variables are changed and monitored by the chip itself, depending on what is happening. If stock settings are on then yes higher than normal voltages are within operational limits, by design.

Manual overclocking can override this of course but it still isn't easy at this early stage. 1.45 manual overclocking is quite high and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with that, at least until we know more about the architecture.

Associate
I don't get why people would undervolt a brand new CPU like the 3900X, much less the power efficient 3700X. These are more power efficient and draw less power than Intel's latest under load.

Struggling to get my 3600 to post on an MSI Mortar B450 motherboard. I have performed the BIOS flashback (with the pc fully assembled, not that it should matter) but still all I get is repeat failed boots with the CPU fault LED on after several seconds. My gut instinct is that as it takes a few seconds to happen the motherboard passes all the basic checks (do I have a CPU, do I have ram etc.) and just does not like the Ryzen 3600.

I have tried the standard actions:
- Re-flashed the BIOS via flashback just in case the first time had failed.
- No ram - Ram LED comes on.
- No GPU or no display port cable plugged into GPU - GPU LED comes on.
- Occasionally it goes to the 4th LED, which is related to the boot device. I'm not overly concerned with this one!

I am yet to take the motherboard out of the case, which I will likely try as part of my standard troubleshooting to ensure I haven't got a short. The CPU I double checked upon installation, plus there was little resistance given by the locking arm - Therefore I think checking for bent CPU bins to be unlikely.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Associate
Struggling to get my 3600 to post on an MSI Mortar B450 motherboard. I have performed the BIOS flashback (with the pc fully assembled, not that it should matter) but still all I get is repeat failed boots with the CPU fault LED on after several seconds. My gut instinct is that as it takes a few seconds to happen the motherboard passes all the basic checks (do I have a CPU, do I have ram etc.) and just does not like the Ryzen 3600.

I have tried the standard actions:
- Re-flashed the BIOS via flashback just in case the first time had failed.
- No ram - Ram LED comes on.
- No GPU or no display port cable plugged into GPU - GPU LED comes on.
- Occasionally it goes to the 4th LED, which is related to the boot device. I'm not overly concerned with this one!

I am yet to take the motherboard out of the case, which I will likely try as part of my standard troubleshooting to ensure I haven't got a short. The CPU I double checked upon installation, plus there was little resistance given by the locking arm - Therefore I think checking for bent CPU bins to be unlikely.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Have you reset the bios bridging the pin on the motherboard? Have you got the RAM in the recommended slots? My MSI board (B450 pro carbon) took a few reboots to finally recognise my 3600 - are you leaving it long enough before thinking it has failed and manually resetting?

Just a couple of random thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom