Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
I’d assume your account will get migrated along with everyone else’s. The game is changing in September so a lot more content is f2p as well so worth sticking with it if you enjoy it!

I took the free trial on Black Friday last year but have bought everything since, it’s got me pretty hooked.

Associate
is this because its going over to steam?

only playing as the game is free but maybe no point if its going to steam and can no longer play it through blizzard

It is being removed from Battle.net - everyone is being migrated to Steam - all purchased content on Battle.net will move across. There is also cross platform saves too - not sure if it will be a case of play on PS4, move to PC and it is there where you left off, or if it is a one time move thing...

Also, Destiny 2 + the first expensions are to be free to play (from memory).

Associate
It is being removed from Battle.net - everyone is being migrated to Steam - all purchased content on Battle.net will move across. There is also cross platform saves too - not sure if it will be a case of play on PS4, move to PC and it is there where you left off, or if it is a one time move thing...

Also, Destiny 2 + the first expensions are to be free to play (from memory).

It's cross save, so play on PC and then pick up where you left off on PS4/XBox and vice versa. And everything prior to ShadowKeep will be free to play. Cross play is something they are interested in doing but haven't formally announced yet.

Edit, but no account merging. You will need to pick one account as your primary and this is the one that will be enabled for cross save.

Soldato
Is the base game still free on steam or will you need to buy it? I got it for free when they where giving it away as a gift

Last edited:
Associate
Is the bas game still free on steam or will you need to buy it? I got it for free when they where giving it away as a gift

Base game will be free on steam when Shadow Keep is released... right now, it isn't free on there.

PS - the AMD Chipset Drivers fixed the issue I had with Destiny 2 on my 3700X :D YAAAAAAAAAY

Soldato
Shadowkeep pushes back to 1st October and a Saturday raid release.

First time in the franchise for both of those points, good decision imo to ensure everything goes smoothly.

Caporegime
I’d assume your account will get migrated along with everyone else’s. The game is changing in September so a lot more content is f2p as well so worth sticking with it if you enjoy it!

I took the free trial on Black Friday last year but have bought everything since, it’s got me pretty hooked.

Are you hooked because;

1. you need to play it in order to get the loot to enjoy it.
2. you don't need any loot and enjoy playing
3. you need loot and enjoy playing

because i still feel this game is just a complete waste of time for anyone who enjoys dipping in and out of games because you need to be full time destiny to enjoy it fully.

Associate
Are you hooked because;

1. you need to play it in order to get the loot to enjoy it.
2. you don't need any loot and enjoy playing
3. you need loot and enjoy playing

because i still feel this game is just a complete waste of time for anyone who enjoys dipping in and out of games because you need to be full time destiny to enjoy it fully.

I'd say 3 is the closest to how I feel about it. I like the subtley of the perks system which means you can be competitive with non-optimal gear but can min/max gear via the grind as well.
The more I play the more I appreciate the subtle differences that a weapon's stats have to gameplay, particularly in PVP. It's also the first game in 20 years (since Half Life-TFC) that has me enjoying PVP, even though I am terrible at it.

I like the fact I can load it up, play 10 minutes and turn it off, or I can play for 5 hours and both will give me some kind of progress. Yes you do need to be at a minimum power level for some activities, but this has been largely negated by the introduction of power surges which take virtually no time at all to get you close to the current power level cap.

I clearly have a thing for loot grinders since I have played a lot of Diablo 3 and Path of Exile which all have the same core gameplay loop of ataining better gear to kill more stuff to get better gear, just a different style of game.

Last edited:
Soldato
You don’t need to be full time destiny to enjoy the game at all. A lot has been added to facilitate dipping in and out.

Sure to enjoy all content you will need to grind to get max power level, have some decent weapons which the quests take a while but there is plenty for every style of player.

Soldato
OP
Lol the thing that put me off of Destiny 2 was how little of a job it felt like compared to D1. I actually enjoyed the grind as long as it felt worthwhile. Grinding never felt worth while in D2

Soldato
I'd much rather play this on my pc and I have destiny2 base game however on ps4 I have forsaken plus all dlc thus far, if I link my ps4 to pc via there cross save will it also merge my dlc across?

Back
Top Bottom