• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Mine idles under 1v at 29c. Make sure you have c states and cool n quiet enabled in the bios. You need the latest chipset drivers and use ryzen balanced profile in windows. There is a new ryzen master version out, you need that as well as it reports voltage better.

https://community.amd.com/community...te-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2

I've installed these with a 3700x, idle temps and clocks down however the voltage is still being reported as 1.48v in Ryzen Master.

Caporegime
Voltage is not static, I take yours is dropping in ryzen master?

It's up and down all over the place when idle, under continuous high stress load it sticks to around 1.325v to 1.344v

when idle its not actually idle, Windows is constantly making background requests, the CPU boosts to make that more snappy, when doing that <1.5v is normal, these are not high stress loads.

Does anyone know if you can alter PPT, EDC, TDC only in their BIOSes?
I'm wondering if I can leave all other settings as they are, but set the AMD limits for the 95w SKUs on my 65w 3600. I don't particularly want to go the PBO route, overriding all limits, but I feel perfectly comfortable changing just those values to known AMD limits for higher SKUs. My CPU cooler would
be sufficient even beyond these limits.

Permabanned
Finished testing my tightened tightened Tightened timings. 62.7=62.8ns around 9 hours of rmatest after 1.5 hours of stress testing and benchmarks. Look at max power draw them 205 juicy wats :D
@andy_mk3 try those out
f214cb4eb259879692fb66e9ce595e9ce54af6fd.jpeg

Soldato
I get what Builzoid's explaining in his RAM & FCLK video, it's all very much the case for sure. But you've got to laugh that he's showing results using different timings and of which none of it is stable. Kinda doesn't help his point :D

Permabanned
Associate
Ryzen 3600x now potentially wont hit 4400 single threaded bar one core and only one core, the other cores may only be capable of i.e. 4200 single threaded. At the most generous, thats dodgy marketing.

Agreed. Just as Intel's Turbo Boost 2.0 frequencies used to be marketed as "maximum guaranteed frequencies," the redefinition of TDP now means OEM systems barely reach beyond the base frequency in multi-threaded workloads, and you're lucky to reach the advertised frequencies without removing the power limit. Nothing like it used to be.

They also stopped providing the bins because they deemed it was "confidential information." :rolleyes:

I feel like both companies should be forced to provide a proper frequency table. Zen+ and Zen 2 are a little difficult for that as there is no table as such. It's 100% dynamic, but at the very least the advertised frequency should be achievable on all cores simultaneously, let alone all cores individually.

Only the 3600 seems to boost to 4.20 GHz across all six cores, which is why I still believe that the advertised frequency is achievable on all cores. It's just that 99% of scenarios are less than ideal, which in practice makes it poor marketing.

Garbage marketing.

Soldato
Can someone be kind enough to repost the motherboard list that are compatible for the 3xxx chips, I can't find it looking back through so many posts.
You know the one I mean, it has green orange and red and x570 x470 b350 motherboards and which are recommended for each chip /cores?

Back
Top Bottom