EVOL - A Tron Inspired Sci-Fi Promo Film - 2019 -

Associate
I just wanted to share a film project I've been doing over the past year...all the visuals and music has been created entirly by myself. In short this is a promo film that captures all my skills as a digital artist...

More info below.

Background Information:

EVOL-

Is a unique real world and CGI animated promo film project inspired by the film Tron and created by myself Scott Moncrieff - AKA THE INTRANCER, over the course of a year, which integrates the development of VST instruments used for Digital Audio Workstations. These are well known from one developer, who has long enabled the user to perform re-skinning and re-scripting of them to create entirely new functional designs. The reskinning and scripting as well as everything in the film, from vast cities, space ships, vehicles,.. ect (with exception to 'Fred' the model (C4D) and a few UI assets) was created by myself, including all the music tracks..

EVOL - Is the most complex animated / film graphics project I've ever undertaken, in so many ways, utilising all the creative ideas and experience I've learned from as far back to the 1990's and 1980's, in both film and computer technology / software. 11 years ago I graduated at Uni in the field of Interactive Multimedia as a mature student, but the passion I have for it, and what I've been able to do beyond my studies hasn't died, but got stronger since then... pushing the limits of the hardware I have to it's limits.

The story of EVOL merges a taste of mystery, horror, and games with dynamic visuals, whilst taking cue's from some of my favorite films, and injecting new concepts.

The initial story of EVOL isn't really explained from the outset ( that may be added in an edited version), so for now, it's really up to you to build your first impressions from the visuals and music and effect cue's.

A backline story does exist though: It's a story really about a software developer who has been transported through to a digital world after finding a laptop laying on a beach. He's of course not alone and thus is competing with another entity... The real world and digital world are linked vie a source over the sea upon the location where the developer lives, and the laptop was left for a person to pick up and use. EVOL as the name might sound, isn't a friendly force, it can change time and space and place you back in different technological era's, hence why you see computers from different technological times...

Due to time, and direction, some vehicles have not been included but may be included in future projects.
If you enjoyed watching, don't forget to provide a 'like' as it gives some reference for future work. The film was created with one Core i7 920 PC based system with 16 Gigs of Ram.
Besides Youtube, you can contact me at https://www.facebook.com/scott.moncrieff.33

Last edited:
Soldato
You've put a lot of effort into it and I thought it was great. We'll done.
I loved the new Tron and the music is very similar and would fit in well during the movie.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You've put a lot of effort into it and I thought it was great. We'll done.
I loved the new Tron and the music is very similar and would fit in well during the movie.

Thanks, yeah... it's been a big technical challenge (more than any other to put together all by myself) and I've learned so much during the process from the software I used to the actual film creation process itself, and the limitations I have hardware wise. I've created movies in the past but this was some 9 - 12 years ago, but never as big or indeed CGI based before, mainly video. My main forte is actually as a music producer so I'm glad that you enjoyed listening, but I've also been doing 3D graphics since the day's of the Amiga too. Putting my two passions together, graphic design, animation and music is fun and joyful, although trying to do something as ambitious as this is hard to pull off as I really want... so many factors involved and to consider, and to learn from. :D It's been posted elsewhere to so it's good to gather unbiased feedback..

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom