Best refreshing bottled lager for the summer days

Soldato
H
Lol hooch. Is that still going?

I wouldn't because I dont have the brass neck for it. Nor do I frequent clubs where men like other men, etc.

You know the stereotype of drinking such drinks.
Have you not heard of turbo shandy ? 1/2 pint beer in pint glass , bottle of Smirnoff ice emptied into it and shot of vodka in it as well. Man I used to blackout a lot. Great last orders drink if you are a raging alcoholic. Like I used to be.

Associate
the recipe changed for that a year or two back and it's never been the same. awful now. before it was amazing
i still really like it.
I had a message off the wife saying she had got me 4 cans of Carlsberg from work for free as it had just gone out of date. Got home and it was Special Brew.. haha i drank it and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. It was ice cold though

Associate
Kroenenburg 1664 (gets me smashed quick) or something a bit lighter like Becks.

Corona is a bit sweet and Peroni makes me feel awful next day even if I only have 1.

Soldato
Holy thread necro, Batman!

Anyone got any new ideas? I usually drink Peroni but it's slightly heavy for the summer and I can only drink about 6 before I go off the taste. I do like Heineken but open to other ideas.

I've drank craft beers in the past but my body (well digestive system!) doesn't react well to them, don't know if it's the hops or what.

Soldato
This is probably the best lager I've ever tasted, crisp and refreshing.

Pilsners are a good option, like Krombacher or Warstiener. Also Asahi if you haven't tried it.

I used to drink Peroni but find it a bit heavy going these days. Its the same with craft IPA's, they are too rich for a session.

Soldato
Holy thread necro, Batman!

Anyone got any new ideas? I usually drink Peroni but it's slightly heavy for the summer and I can only drink about 6 before I go off the taste. I do like Heineken but open to other ideas.

I've drank craft beers in the past but my body (well digestive system!) doesn't react well to them, don't know if it's the hops or what.
Asahi (which is brewed by Peroni)
special brew lemonade shandy is surprisingly tasty! Choose a simple lemonade.

Last edited:
Soldato
Clarkson’s Hawkstone lager is pretty damn good. I don’t like lager but bought some to try. It was so nice I bought some more!

At the other end of the scale, if you’re in Glasgow then visit the Drygate brewery where you can get unpasteurised Tennents. Beautiful stuff

Associate
Most Bavarian Helles: especially Schneider's , Paulaner, Augustiner
Some uk craft brewers doing decent helles now, like Utopian
A german wheat beer if I'm in the mood, especially schneider's
A good pale ale , chilled (not IPA hop-overload)
A berlinerweisser kindl with a dash of elderflower syrup and grapefruit (trust me!), for the low alcohol option
Some czech lagers already mentioned are ok
And it's a bit odd for summer because it's dark but a good German Dunkel is just heaven anytime of the year!

Last edited:
Associate

My go to, loved on holiday in Australia a few years ago and finally found it for sale in the UK

Soldato
Most Bavarian Helles: especially Schneider's , Paulaner, Augustiner
Some uk craft brewers doing decent helles now, like Utopian
A german wheat beer if I'm in the mood, especially schneider's
A good pale ale , chilled (not IPA hop-overload)
A berlinerweisser kindl with a dash of elderflower syrup and grapefruit (trust me!), for the low alcohol option
Some czech lagers already mentioned are ok
And it's a bit odd for summer because it's dark but a good German Dunkel is just heaven anytime of the year!

I do like a Paulaner, had that before.

Back
Top Bottom