Time To upgrade...To What!?

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
oh dear lord, the price creep! :p
soon you'd be getting a £5000 system ;)

not needed. cpu cooler already has paste pre-applied.

worst way to waste your money ever if you already have 3 decent fans.

Haha, i dont think i will get to that point Lol. yeah but is the compound actually good? I have always be of the thought its better to use new, better compound than any that comes with it? Why would it come preapplied? That is also very true. Not had any issues with the fans of yet. Defo think new dust filters are needed though.

Man of Honour
yeah but is the compound actually good? I have always be of the thought its better to use new, better compound than any that comes with it? Why would it come preapplied?
all amd/intel coolers have thermal paste preapplied. literally just plug-and-play.
the difference between the best and worst pastes are a couple degrees. not worth the outlay unless you really want to waste your money.

Associate
OP
all amd/intel coolers have thermal paste preapplied. literally just plug-and-play.
the difference between the best and worst pastes are a couple degrees. not worth the outlay unless you really want to waste your money.

Okay thats good to know. I think all i need is some decent dust filters and i think i am good to go.

Associate
OP

So i have this (Minus Motherboard) ready to buy with some Air Duster cleaners and 280mm dust filter ready to buy, got the Motherboard and some cable ties ready to buy elsewhere, anything else i might need before i press the purchase button?

Associate
OP
well technically you don't actually need it...you can use the computer like a test bench :p

I could, but i wont Lol
Everything ordered. Now the wait time. Not sure if i will have the time to put it together tomorrow. As i will need to take everything apart, clean everything. put everything back together, make sure it doesnt blow up and then do all the installing. If it gets here early (it wont Lol) then i could. Otherwise. I wont be doing much on my PC until after work on Monday Lol

Back
Top Bottom