google maps help needed

Associate
As above, i drive coaches for a living and often get diverted into london, what i try and do is plan my route on google maps ahead of the journey, my issue is when i get to a certain point on my planned route google maps decided "hey i know a quicker way" and kind of takes over my planning. i have to stick to certain roads hence why i need to plan the route and not google. How the hell do i stop it from taking over and to map the route i want?

thanks

Soldato
I'm not sure if you can, the general ideal for most people is to want a diversion to the quickest route.

I believe there are other sat nav applications available for HGV/longer/higher vehicles to take into account restricted roads that you wouldn't necessarily be allowed to use.

Soldato
(I use here too maps ... google maps is bloated in terms of cpu resources, since they rejigged it)

but don't you just add additional destinations to act as way-points to nail down the bit of the route you want to hardwire,
and re-order the points.
ie you want A->B, but decide you want to via C, so add destination C, A->B->C , then swap B&C

Man of Honour
I have the normal car version of copilot and it's great. I far prefer it to google maps or tomtom that I was using before it. I imagine the truck version is just as good. It's a bit cheeky that the truck version is a monthly payment though.

Back
Top Bottom