Ryzen 3600 Upgrade Build Check

Soldato
Hi all,

Been a while out of the game but couldn't resist the upgrade from my old 3570k to the Ryzen 3600 and the latest bells and whistles with M.2 drives, I'll finally replace the last mechanical drives in my PC. Here are the parts I am considering, just want to get peoples opinions on them as I'm basing this mostly on the limited info I can find. I'm getting a PCI-E 4.0 M.2 SSD because it's not actually more expensive than the Samsung Evo Pro equivelent, I realise that in real world terms I'll probably never max out 5GB/s read speed.

• Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280: £207.65
  • Corsair CMK32GX4M2D3200C16 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB): £162.22
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600: £184.99
  • ASUS Prime X570-PRO ATX Motherboard: £219.59
About to pull the trigger on these, got an nVidia 1070ti as well as a couple of 250gb SATA SSDs that will go with this. Got to get the AM4 fittings for my Noctua cooler but happy to run the stock cooler until those arrive.

Any advice is welcome!

Soldato
I would personally save £70 and get the Corsair MP510 960GB M.2 SSD - nothing real world difference you'll notice against the PCIe 4 drives IMO.

Do you need 32GB RAM? Could save another £100 and get the Team Group 16GB kit on offer atm

Save a further £30 if you get the Gigabyte X570 Gaming X motherboard

Soldato
OP
I would personally save £70 and get the Corsair MP510 960GB M.2 SSD - nothing real world difference you'll notice against the PCIe 4 drives IMO.

That's probably true, the alternative I had been looking at was the Samung Evo Plus which was the same price as the Sabrent. I'll read up on MP510 reviews.

Do you need 32GB RAM? Could save another £100 and get the Team Group 16GB kit on offer atm

I do for my work, I do a bit of 3D modelling and Unity engine work where the memory is important.

I'll be vain and get the prime pro due to the colour scheme, I have a nice shiny white case which it will look good in :D

Soldato
@Darg haha you are literally doing a me, I spent £xx more on components, just to suit my white/rgb theme... I even went for the Asus X570-Pro as well :D It hurt me, I wanted Gigabyte but they don't do white :(

This is what I just ordered... clicky here (well, over a week ago) waiting on GPU to be in stock still :/ Also think tomorrow I'm going to swap the 3600X for the 3700X instead.

RAM wise, well if you're going white, you need the same kit I ordered but 32GB :D Order two lots of these... clicky here

Definitely worth going for the MP510 instead though.

Soldato
OP
Hah, yea I ended up going with the Prime Pro even though where I found it at that price was going to be a 14 day wait, went with it even though it was the full £250, worth it for the aesthetics, and I was sick of reading about motherboards :D

I did save some money by going with the PCIe 3.0 Sabrent 1TB drive, that was about £85 cheaper and also on prime as opposed to being delivered from the states.

Stuck with the 3600 as there doesn't seem to be much difference between it and the 3700x in terms of real world performance and I have a decent CPU heatsink anyway.

Soldato
I'm seriously tempted to do a similar build to the OP's, likewise I'm running a dated 3570K. I do need to change my GPU desperately however, I'm running an old HD7950 at the moment and it simply isn't cutting it anymore even with options turned down. The GPU market seems pretty bleak however, so I'm unsure as to whether I should upgrade my GPU now then do a full system upgrade outside of that come end of year sales or do it the other way around. I can't really afford to do both at the same time unfortunately. I guess I'll keep sniffing through these threads and hope I have a moment of clarity!

Soldato
Hi all,

Been a while out of the game but couldn't resist the upgrade from my old 3570k to the Ryzen 3600 and the latest bells and whistles with M.2 drives, I'll finally replace the last mechanical drives in my PC. Here are the parts I am considering, just want to get peoples opinions on them as I'm basing this mostly on the limited info I can find. I'm getting a PCI-E 4.0 M.2 SSD because it's not actually more expensive than the Samsung Evo Pro equivelent, I realise that in real world terms I'll probably never max out 5GB/s read speed.

• Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280: £207.65
  • Corsair CMK32GX4M2D3200C16 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB): £162.22
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600: £184.99
  • ASUS Prime X570-PRO ATX Motherboard: £219.59
About to pull the trigger on these, got an nVidia 1070ti as well as a couple of 250gb SATA SSDs that will go with this. Got to get the AM4 fittings for my Noctua cooler but happy to run the stock cooler until those arrive.

Any advice is welcome!

better rma

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...4-x570-chipset-atx-motherboard-mb-57w-gi.html

Soldato
It seems excessive to RMA a product I wanted, incurring the postage charges just to get a board that is a bit cheaper.

sorry, didnt realise you had alread purchased . fingers crossed you dont have to rma it :)

NVMe looks impressive , US Pricing for it isn't to bad $220 vs rivals $260 - though importing to UK bumps up the price to rivals

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

yeah the MP510 is the best bang for buck nvme ssd out at the moment, the performance is pretty much 970 evo levels (the fastest nvme you can get) and its considerably cheaper.

Soldato
OP
yeah the MP510 is the best bang for buck nvme ssd out at the moment, the performance is pretty much 970 evo levels (the fastest nvme you can get) and its considerably cheaper.

The evo isn't the fastest, atleast not since pcie 4 drives were released.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Corsair MP600 for one example, any of the new PCI-e 4x SSDs should have around 5gb/s read 4.25gb/s write.

oh yeah forgot about the latest releases!

Do you think the PCIe 4 ones are compatible with the B450 pro carbon AC? I have a free nvme slot that I havent used yet, but was thinking of buying one soon

Soldato
oh yeah forgot about the latest releases!

Do you think the PCIe 4 ones are compatible with the B450 pro carbon AC? I have a free nvme slot that I havent used yet, but was thinking of buying one soon

Yes they are 'compatible' - but will not run @ PCIe 4 speeds... So pointless and a complete waste of money lol

The only mobo chipset that runs M.2 PCIe 4 drives right now is X570.

Back
Top Bottom