• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Went for a B-Grade Vega 56 (Sapphire Pulse) for £180 from here at OCUK. Could be an absolute bargain if all is ok. Anyone had prior experiences with B-Grade OCUK cards?

Soldato
If it doesnt work send it back with their 14 day return policy. Just test the fans and check temps and check for any dmg or attempt of a removal of the cooler. Tho u should be ok.

Since its b grade there is a chance of it being a customer return due to coil whine so there is that to watch for.

Associate
Bugger. I was too slow. It showed that 2 were left when I ordered but when I asked today why the card hadn't been dispatched turned out there was a stocking error...

Oh well.

Soldato
I got my £180 B Grade card yesterday - slapped it in, gave it a quick OC in Wattman and it’s already the 2nd fastest Vega56 on the OCUK Firestrike chart.

It’s a good 50% faster than the 980 it replaced and, most importantly, it's meant I’ve now got a Hackintosh as well

Associate
I got my £180 B Grade card yesterday - slapped it in, gave it a quick OC in Wattman and it’s already the 2nd fastest Vega56 on the OCUK Firestrike chart.

It’s a good 50% faster than the 980 it replaced and, most importantly, it's meant I’ve now got a Hackintosh as well
That's a fantastic price for a Vega 56. Which model did you get?

Soldato
Sapphire Pulse. I’m limited to OCUK’s standard 90 day b grade warranty but that’s more than I’d get buying second hand and after I’ve sold my 980 the upgrade will have only cost me £60-80 so I’m happy!

Nice I got my sapphire pulse this week i was going for that B grade but wasn't sure what I would get, how come it was classed as b grade? When you said quick OC did you undervolt the card and OC the memory?

Soldato
Nice I got my sapphire pulse this week i was going for that B grade but wasn't sure what I would get, how come it was classed as b grade? When you said quick OC did you undervolt the card and OC the memory?

Haven’t got a clue, given how well it performs I can only assume someone ordered it and changed their mind as there’s definitely nothing wrong with it!

Dropped the core voltage to 1.1v, Overclocked core and memory a bit. Did 2 quick runs but it was 2am so I haven’t had chance to perfect it.

Associate
Sapphire Pulse. I’m limited to OCUK’s standard 90 day b grade warranty but that’s more than I’d get buying second hand and after I’ve sold my 980 the upgrade will have only cost me £60-80 so I’m happy!
Really good deal. Looks like they've run out of them now. OCUK only seem to have the MSI Radeon RX VEGA 56 Air Boost OC (blower style fan) £199.99 left for the **B Grade** ones.

Associate

Come at me bro! :p

Seriously though, how come your Physics is lower? We got same chip, same OC.. can you get your RAM up to 3200Mhz? Did you install the latest chipset drivers? These give a boost on Physics score.

GG on the scoreboard anyway :)

Edit, try a 950Mhz on the HBM especially if you have Samsung, i have 975mv with 950Mhz

Associate
Come at me bro! :p

Seriously though, how come your Physics is lower? We got same chip, same OC.. can you get your RAM up to 3200Mhz? Did you install the latest chipset drivers? These give a boost on Physics score.

GG on the scoreboard anyway :)

Edit, try a 950Mhz on the HBM especially if you have Samsung, i have 975mv with 950Mhz
You've got Samsung memory? Not tempted to flash a Vega 64 BIOS?

Soldato
Darn my Vega 56 Sapphire pulse makes a loud hissing noises when playing games.. any ideas how to fix this or should I get a replacement? I have 650 watt Seasonic Focus + Gold PSU.

Back
Top Bottom