30 mph !

Soldato
I had a white van right up my boot in a semi rural 40mph twisty road area, I was already doing about 43 when he shot past and disappeared. About 5 minutes later we come round a bend and there is the van in a lay-by, stopped by 2 police with a speed camera on a tripod. All four of us in the car gave a loud cheer as we went sedately past :p:p

Man of Honour
I had a white van right up my boot in a semi rural 40mph twisty road area, I was already doing about 43 when he shot past and disappeared. About 5 minutes later we come round a bend and there is the van in a lay-by, stopped by 2 police with a speed camera on a tripod. All four of us in the car gave a loud cheer as we went sedately past :p:p

We had a chuckle at work a few days back - bunch of boy racers messing about in the car park across the way then one of them drove out as if to drift around the roundabout outside then just timidly went around twice like a grandad which puzzled us until a police vehicle came into view that he'd spotted before us - cue moments later one of his mates come ripping out right infront of the police - from what I could tell I think the police saw the funny side of it as well.

Soldato
The other one that annoys me is the massive increase in the last 10 years of complacent lazy driving especially for instance cutting across corners and/or coming around bends taking a lazy line well over the other side of the road, etc.

I had some dozy bint cut me up twice this morning doing similar, weaving across 2 lanes of a roundabout, gave a beep the second time, and she started gesticulating at me in the mirror, the most worrying thing about it is I bet she didn't even realise she'd done anything wrong :(

Man of Honour
I had some dozy bint cut me up twice this morning doing similar, weaving across 2 lanes of a roundabout, gave a beep the second time, and she started gesticulating at me in the mirror, the most worrying thing about it is I bet she didn't even realise she'd done anything wrong :(

The one I get quite a bit is these 40 MPH everywhere people pulling out of a petrol station or junction right infront of me then just sitting there not getting upto speed far longer than it would take - often with the road clear behind me so they could easily have waited - and then get annoyed with me because I get quite close behind them through their own action. Had a couple of instances where I'm fairly sure they've thought about brake checking me in that situation but then decided they didn't fancy their chances with 2 tons of pickup :s

V F

V F

Soldato
I am learning to drive and the sheer number that whiz past me doing 19 in a 20 zone is scary.

I always keep my distance from learners since they're usually nervous. While I see others up their backsides getting all impatient or having to drive fast past them.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'll brake test anyone who does that to me, I give zero *****.
Not sure if megajokes because Diddums.

Brake checking is the single silliest thing anyone can do on the roads. Not only will you be recorded doing it by at leats one person who will then submit it to "DASHCAM IDIOT DRIVERS NATIONWIDE PLEASE DONATE TO PATREON BECUASE THE CHANNEL IS DEMONETIZED!!! SADFACE!!" and then you'll have the vast majority of the -not so bright- youtube comments youtube on your case :p

Man of Honour
Hmmm... It sounds like you are deciding to be right up their arse, that doesnt sound very safe, esp if you are in a 2 ton pick up. Or am I reading the scenario wrong?

I don't get right up behind people aggressively - talking about people who pull out unreasonably and the only way to avoid getting close behind them by the time you've slowed down in a reasonable manner would be emergency braking.

EDIT: I'm not even that close to them - they are just the type that gets funny if someone is even remotely close behind them while driving quite poorly themselves and the whole reason I'm close at all is through their own action but they don't seem to see it like that.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone on here been involved with or helped with a neighbourhood speed zone thing where you monitor and report on speeding traffic?

As i’ve mentioned we have a 30mph dual carriageway outside our estate and nothing is being done to crack down on all the speeders.

Soldato
Hmmm... It sounds like you are deciding to be right up their arse, that doesnt sound very safe, esp if you are in a 2 ton pick up. Or am I reading the scenario wrong?

One of the main rules in the highway code: don't do anything that causes another driver to change speed or direction. People who pull out into traffic and don't get to up to speed quickly deserve to be disqualified.

Man of Honour
Has anyone on here been involved with or helped with a neighbourhood speed zone thing where you monitor and report on speeding traffic?

As i’ve mentioned we have a 30mph dual carriageway outside our estate and nothing is being done to crack down on all the speeders.

I don't know much about it but certainly stuff you can do - the village near me has a fete thing 1-2x a year and for the week before and over the duration of the fete they have neighbourhood speed awareness going on with those boards that flash up the speed of approaching traffic and a couple of groups out with a speed gun, etc. obviously it is little more than for show and to raise awareness but mostly works to calm traffic over the period when they are more people around on foot.

Soldato
Yup really annoys me when people are basically up your arse for no reason at all, I do my best to maintain the speed limit or thereabouts.

Conversely people that do 10mph under the speed limit for no good reason do grind my gears, even consciously driving past numerous speed limit signs that display the correct speed to be aiming for (as long as conditions are good).

Man of Honour
Conversely people that do 10mph under the speed limit for no good reason do grind my gears, even consciously driving past numerous speed limit signs that display the correct speed to be aiming for (as long as conditions are good).

Obviously there is going to be stuff like vans and trucks that are limited to 50 instead of 60 in a NSL, etc. - being involved in the van driving side at work it is something I find generally there isn't awareness of albeit most van drivers happily ignore those limits.

Back
Top Bottom