s10 5G or Note 10 5G?

Soldato
Hello All,

I know this is a impossible question to answer as it comes down to personal preference....but...which phone would you go for?

The way I see it both have limitations that the other phone does better...

s10 5G, has a 3.5 headphone jack, Note 10 5G doesn't
s10 5G, no expandable memory, Note 10 5G has expandable memory
s10 5G, has a better front facing camera?

Given the stylus isn't a must have (for me) which would you go for?

I'd like a headphone jack, but would also like expandable memory..why isn't there a phone with both!!!

(I know...more of a mini rant than I question, currently have a s7 Edge so will keep the new phone a few years)

Anyone offer any advice or point me to the best deal?

Soldato
Note Plus has/will a better general availability than S10 5G, in fact going by quick look it's already cheaper than the S10 5G.

I'd go for Note 10 Plus, had they put headphone jack in it ;)

Soldato
without conflating threads the s10 Eu exynos 3.5mm/codec are not meant to be very good, vs SD - anantech

Switching over to the Exynos Galaxy S10 however we’re seeing some pretty shocking results. The phone uses a Cirrus Logic CS47L93 audio codec chip which has actually been used in Exynos variants since the Galaxy S8. Unfortunately in recent years this was surpassed by Qualcomm’s audio chips, and in particular the Galaxy S10 suffers from a pretty bad implementation. Here we’re clearly seeing noise components that are not part of the reference 1KHz signal, with a particularly odd 250Hz component. The measurements were done in sequence with just re-plugging the input from the Snapdragon to the Exynos under the same conditions. Audio output level was calibrated at near -10dbV / 312.5mV RMS on both devices.

In practical terms, there is audible difference between the two as the Exynos unit sounds warmer (in a bad way) and more muffled. The Snapdragon achieves higher clarity and the sound stage appears wider. This was my subjective evaluation using the same Samsung’s included AKG headphones on both units, both having the same software audio settings.

I applaud Samsung for still including the 3.5mm headphone jack on the Galaxy S10 – however a big part of the world will unfortunately experience lesser audio quality on their model variants.

Soldato
OP
With a blue light card discount the phones are currently priced (Samsung Website)
s10 5G £989.10
Note 10 5G (256GB) £1,099.00

Yet the comparison websites all have the s10 5G more expensive (still cheaper than buying the phone outright and SIM separably.)

Now leaning towards the Note 10...although the front camera is better on the s10 5G...:confused:
(I'm always like this with tech stuff!)

Soldato
OP
Are you likely to be using it a lot or just looking at the specs?

I hear what you are saying and part of me thinks I should save the cash and get a Note 9 512 (great deals on them at the mo) but I'll keep the phone for probably 3 years, my thought process is it'll cost ~£1 a day so why not get the best available for that money...

I do enjoy taking pictures and video's more than gaming on a phone.

Soldato
Personally I don't use the selfie camera a lot, very rare in fact, so an extra depth sensor on it wouldn't factor into my decision process between two phones.

Back
Top Bottom